The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Pretty sure this blown capacitor means the PSU is dead. So hopefully installing the new one solves the problem.
20220512_122917.jpg

Didn't buy ,but got it in the mail today ,from another RC brother ,I even forgot about him sending ,
these ,got the package an thought they were RC stickers!..😂😎

View attachment 146596

View attachment 146597
Turbo's to boot! Those things are like gold! Well, not really, but they always seemed to cost twice as much or more than standards. Looks like protek charges the same for both kinds. Can't remember the last time I bought a glowplug... lol!

Picked up a Galaxy S22 Ultra to replace my S20. Decided I wanted something a bit newer.

Nice. I am still rocking a Note 8 lol. I'd hate to see the price of an S22.
I'm on a 5 year old s7 giving me issues. S22 will be my next. Ill probably cry st my f450 and trailer getting signed away again. 🤣

Just dropped another 120. Hpi 7499 Subaru Impreza body, and another 80 in Nitro rs4 parts. I'm gonna have a 3evo, 18ss and electric converted when said and done. ☺

It wasn't too bad since I traded in my S20. I got it for $800. My only complaint is that it no longer has an SD card slot.

Got a chassis skin from Darkside studio arts for my Sledge makeover. Op-ed for the extra basher skin that makes it super thick and I mean thick! You guys gotta check his stuff out. Darksidestudioarts.com the experience from start to finish was really outstanding this guy is top notch!

Attachments

• 20220513_160842.jpg
    20220513_160842.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220513_160718.jpg
    20220513_160718.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 14
My wife and I both had S5's until a little over a year ago when we switched from sprint to google fi. Now we have A71 5G's. I miss being able to replace my battery... will see how long these last... guessing it won't be the 6 years (and 4 batteries) those did.

I bought a remote control tower fan to replace one. I had taken it apart to clean it because it got warm here and even with AC running, the people around us don't use their AC, so ours can't keep up (apartment living is fun). So we have tower fans that are quiet but push quite a bit of air. After taking it apart, cleaning it, oiling the bearings, it had a noise... annoying ticking noise. Pretty sure it was one of the motor bearings. Tried replacing them with some abec5 high quaulity bearings... omg, so much worse... threw it away and ordered a replacement fan from Target yesterday to get delivered last night... it didn't deliver until today. Glad I paid that extra fee for "get it today"... at least it used the same remote so the remote we use for our TV can operate it. lol!

Yup. Pretty sure this blown capacitor means the PSU is dead. So hopefully installing the new one solves the problem.
View attachment 146654
Looks like a thermistor, not a capacitor. They just fail sometimes. Typically when you turn something off and on and off and on in a very short time. Or, the power company is doing that for you, like during a lightning storm. Use an ohm meter, or inspect the board and see if that "TH1" is in series with the AC mains input.
If the fuse did not blow, then there is a very good chance you can fix the thing by replacing that one part, probably $1.

Looks like a thermistor, not a capacitor. They just fail sometimes. Typically when you turn something off and on and off and on in a very short time. Or, the power company is doing that for you, like during a lightning storm. Use an ohm meter, or inspect the board and see if that "TH1" is in series with the AC mains input.
If the fuse did not blow, then there is a very good chance you can fix the thing by replacing that one part, probably $1.
I bought a new PSU and motherboard off ebay for $30. I am not good with electronics, so I wouldn't have a clue how to do that Alan. The testing part that is.

Ain't dead yet. But might be by the time the furitek stinger system becomes available.

But yesterday i ordered some more crap for the scx24

because brass...

Black Brass High Clearance Links

$12.99 ★★★★★☆ (5/5)

$24.99 ★★★★★☆ (5/5)

$21.99 ★★★★★☆ (5/5)

Steering Links - Black brass or Aluminum

$20.99 ★★★★☆ (4/5)
Steering Links - Black brass or Aluminum

Instead of getting an overdrive for the front to speed up the tires, I got an underdrive for the rear to slow them dowm

Bulletproof axle gears

$20.99 ★★★★★☆ (5/5)
Bulletproof axle gears

wasn't going to get this and be ok with my aluminum one I already have but, because brass... screw it, why not...

Black Brass Skid Plate

$24.99 ★★★★★☆ (5/5)
Black Brass Skid Plate

was going to go with hot racing but since I hear good things about Injora, these were half the $$

INJORA Steel Drive Shaft 2Pcs Center Drive Shaft for Axial SCX24 AXI00002 JLU AXI00001 C10 Bronc

$18.98 ★★★★☆ (4.4/5)
INJORA Steel Drive Shaft 2Pcs Center Drive Shaft for Axial SCX24 AXI00002 JLU AXI00001 C10 Bronco AXI00006 Upgrate Parts

This is the only size I don't have in my MIP set. But after a coupon this was 4.99 and I had a $5 credit on amazon, so this was free... screw it, why not...

Dynamite Hex Driver: 1.5mm, DYN2814

$4.99 ★★★★★ (4.8/5)
Dynamite Hex Driver: 1.5mm, DYN2814
Do you know if those fit the EcoPower?

Last edited:
After my little adventure on the water yesterday, I replaced everything I lost. Only thing I can't replace right this minute is my pride. It was an expensive day however.
I bought two Shakespeare Ugly Stik's, couple spools of line, fishing life vest, duplicate out of state fishing license, although the guy gave it to me for free, including the evasive species permit. I also bought some materials for building some stabilizers so it won't happen again.

I am going to race my kayak on June 11th. It’s a 9mile race I finished second place in 2019. And between a broken shoulder and Covid I have not had a chance to race again.

I am going to race my kayak on June 11th. It’s a 9mile race I finished second place in 2019. And between a broken shoulder and Covid I have not had a chance to race again.
Hey, I want in on this race! What's the outboard motor cc limit? 😁