The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I needed an extended hitch because with my ATV in the back of my truck and the camper on, I can't close the tailgate and with the tailgate open, it hits the camper jack.

71OmMXABv2L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I needed an extended hitch because with my ATV in the back of my truck and the camper on, I can't close the tailgate and with the tailgate open, it hits the camper jack.

View attachment 146276
That's a nice looking leg breaker ya got there. Hurts my shins just thinking about it lol.

In all honesty, I've made it a point to always remove it immediately. Speaking from experience mind you...:p
I was in a parking lot and walked in front of my car and cracked my leg on one. I seriously thought I broke my shin it hurt so bad. When I had my F150, I used to slam into mine sll the time 😓😱😭😵

Just ordered some tiny .7" wheels and tires for my 1/24th overland trailer build. I can't wait to see these little guys in person, but I am really not looking forward to assembling them!
Screenshot_20220505-122652_Chrome.jpg

Also grabbed some screws and a front bumper mount for the Carnage build.
Screenshot_20220505-124943_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I bought my sister's yard working services. I can't do it anymore so I hired her to take care of it.

I'm getting there. I hope she gave you a discount. But then again you ran her over with an rc!

Been having some complications with my heart again. This time they're getting me put on a heart transplant list. chances of getting a transplant are slim since I was a smoker for 38 years. But, since my days are numbered, my goal is to finish my scx24 before I kick it.

So, the mailman showed up today. delivered the Mofo rc brass axle housings, Injora brass knuckles and hex extensions, ecopower servo, servo mount, stainless skid plates, carbon fiber frame rails and injora servo horns that don't fit the ecopower. Still waiting on the furitek stinger to show up. Need it installed before I can 3d print a battery/electronics tray and body mounts for the '65 Chevy hardbody.

any clue what servo horn I'll need to fit the ecopower servo? A link would be nice but not necessary

Attachments

• brass.jpg
    brass.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 24
  • brass2.jpg
    brass2.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 65 chevy.jpg
    65 chevy.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 23
I just used the arm that came with the servo and used a black Sharpee to blacken it. I wish they came with black ones. I haven't looked for an aluminum one. If you happen to find anything, let me know.

And sorry to hear about the heart condition. Hang in there brother.

Last edited:
Been having some complications with my heart again. This time they're getting me put on a heart transplant list. chances of getting a transplant are slim since I was a smoker for 38 years. But, since my days are numbered, my goal is to finish my scx24 before I kick it.

So, the mailman showed up today. delivered the Mofo rc brass axle housings, Injora brass knuckles and hex extensions, ecopower servo, servo mount, stainless skid plates, carbon fiber frame rails and injora servo horns that don't fit the ecopower. Still waiting on the furitek stinger to show up. Need it installed before I can 3d print a battery/electronics tray and body mounts for the '65 Chevy hardbody.

any clue what servo horn I'll need to fit the ecopower servo? A link would be nice but not necessary
That's looking sweet bud and I agree, you aren't going to check out yet.

That's a nice looking leg breaker ya got there. Hurts my shins just thinking about it lol.
🤣😂 I remember a few good licks. I still hit it once every two years. The fun starts when you use 2 trucks at different heights.

@StoopidOme
Sorry to hear that. Thats a badass 24!

I'm building a scx10 with the proline 66 chevy. My dads will get a custom flareside like yours.

Yeah, I love that body on there. I have that same body in my cart for a future build.

Curious what you are using for body mounts @StoopidOme. I designed some magnetic ones for our Deadbox build. I'd be happy to send you the STL files if you want.

Yeah, I love that body on there. I have that same body in my cart for a future build.

Curious what you are using for body mounts @StoopidOme. I designed some magnetic ones for our Deadbox build. I'd be happy to send you the STL files if you want.
Once i get the furitek system and get it installed, I'm gonna design/print a battery/electronics tray that sits as low as i can make it and it'll have magnets to hold on the body. I have it all pictured in my head but can't do any measurements until the furitek is in place. hoping to use the interior of the body as well as long as i can get the body to sit low enough. otherwise, i'll save weight and just tint the windows

Had to order a new power supply for my printer, and found one for a steal that just so happened to come with a main board that fits my printer, so at least if it's not a bad PSU, I get a new board to try also.
Screenshot_20220512-070050_eBay.jpg