The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't buy anything in the next few days because I am going camping Sunday afternoon and I don't want it sitting on the porch with nobody home.
Just ship it to me. I'll watch it while you're gone 😜

More, more and more.. helicopter parts. 😝
Aside from all the crashing… my skills are much improved. I can hover in all orientations and fly around pretty decent now. 😎

helicopter rc GIF

Not me 👆 just thought it was funny. 🤣

More, more and more.. helicopter parts. 😝
Aside from all the crashing… my skills are much improved. I can hover in all orientations and fly around pretty decent now. 😎

helicopter rc GIF

Not me 👆 just thought it was funny. 🤣
My backs hurting. Can you come trim my hedges?

Just placed my first pre -order ever! Had to make sure I got one of the first Losi Mini-JRx2's around.. Going to bust out the tiller and get a track cut in before it arrives..
View attachment 147536
Checking this out at LHS over weekend. Heads up it's small. Really small. But should be a blast to drive. Especially if you upgrade motor and make it fast as it will go...
Breydon is gonna love it. I also got a cool package in the mail from @STONER RC that will be part of Breydon's b-day present. I made him up a logo and JT had a couple banners made. So cool.
View attachment 147538
View attachment 147537
You sir are more then welcome.. I have something less made up as well. Just need to get them all in the mail this week. Alot of addresses to wright out lol😉
Breydon is gonna love it. I also got a cool package in the mail from @STONER RC that will be part of Breydon's b-day present. I made him up a logo and JT had a couple banners made. So cool.
View attachment 147538
View attachment 147537
You sir are more then welcome.. I have something less made up as well. Just need to get them all in the mail this week. Alot of addresses to wright out lol😉
With @Tunedpipe buying all these dagum boats, I had to buy one too.
View attachment 147524

Bet this ones faster 🤣😜🤪
Oh shi* I was just looking at boats. At HS on sat... going to look for one with the auto flip on board. No swimming involved haha

Last edited:
Good to see you bro, the bullfrog is doing great. I wanted to take it out today but it rained so much yesterday, I'm starting to feel like a bullfrog.
Sweet combo, I hope it works out for you.

Last edited:
I bought a rear chassis plate for the Baja 5b build but orange was the only one I could find. I'll break out a can of oven cleaner and de-anodize it and polish the aluminum.

s-l500.jpg

Good to see you bro, the bullfrog is doing great. I wanted to take it out today but it rained so much yesterday, I'm starting to feel like a bullfrog.
Sweet combo, I hope it works out for you.
I got it in my kra8. And she flys hands down. Can't wait to get the motor. Just have the esc right now...
I bought a rear chassis plate for the Baja 5b build but orange was the only one I could find. I'll break out a can of oven cleaner and de-anodize it and polish the aluminum.

View attachment 147904
So I learned a new trick for changing color of aluminum. Fund some "etching primer". It works great for aluminum. Bonds fantastic. What I used for the Kra8 when changing the motor mount color to blue. Will post pic when I get home.. works great

I got it in my kra8. And she flys hands down. Can't wait to get the motor. Just have the esc right now...

So I learned a new trick for changing color of aluminum. Fund some "etching primer". It works great for aluminum. Bonds fantastic. What I used for the Kra8 when changing the motor mount color to blue. Will post pic when I get home.. works great
I'll have to check that out, thanks.

I'll have to check that out, thanks.
Yeah man it's awesome. I got it from harbor freight. No sanding or anything just needs to be clean part. I wiped with alcohol wipes. Then sprayed.. came out awesome

Motor and servo for the FMX build! Ordered the motor the day before it went on backorder.

motor.png

servo.png

I originally was going to get the FMS CHEYENNE 6x6 when I saw post by @Doom! After some pondering 🤤 I liked the looks of the Atlas 6x6 a little better so I went with the red one. Not sure if it was supposed to come with 2 batteries, package & web description only list 1 battery 🤷🏼‍♂️ There was one in truck, then another one under truck, lucky me I guess 🤘🏻🤘🏻
CA6D7641-37F2-4F95-89EF-C6D97F1DE065.jpeg
723290DA-EF4A-44F4-9D38-176E22C8505F.jpeg

I originally was going to get the FMS CHEYENNE 6x6 when I saw post by @Doom! After some pondering 🤤 I liked the looks of the Atlas 6x6 a little better so I went with the red one. Not sure if it was supposed to come with 2 batteries, package & web description only list 1 battery 🤷🏼‍♂️ There was one in truck, then another one under truck, lucky me I guess 🤘🏻🤘🏻View attachment 147959View attachment 147960

You got an extra battery, mine only came with one. You suck! :p Atlas is a cool rig, noisy but good performer.