The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
@StonerRC365 You see what page this thread is on?! better make a post quick! šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£
LMAO I LOVE IT ITS THE BEST NUMBER AND MY VANšŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
16276660615924431564487419958248.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 24
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 21
  • s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 25
team vtx pipe $12.00

anybody know about this brand because i'm trying to search for it but i can't find the information?? these pictures are not mine they are from the listing.
i just ordered this and i need to wait for it to come

.https://www.ebay.com/itm/353575182205?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

Dont know anything about it ,but with that coupler ,they are known to be just an RTR pipe ,that
was most likely matched to the engine that was used on a specific engine that was used in a RTR!
It maybe just a mid range pipe ,but also ,some people dont realize ,is there should be a specific
match header that goes to it in which is key to that pipes performance!

You can buy it for your own experience on it ,but dont recommend using it thinking
it will be best for engine performance ,you are better off getting a recommendation
from someone that know a better match for your specific engine ,an you are better
off with the header & pipe combo that has the spring type coupler!..:thumbs-up:

Only thing I found on them, dated 2006.
https://www.rctalk.com/team-vtx-mini-nitro/
Well looked up this is a tuned pipe that's based on one of their buggies. But it was very sketchy the info.

The most I gathered is it's a aluminum polish tuned pipe.

I forgot the name of the model because when I looked it up I end up not saving it. But it was something that was not in the model that you mentioned because the one you mention was smaller. This thing is 1/8 scale base model .

I decided to go ahead and put it on. I haven't got it yet but I'm saying that the old one I took off.

I have a Savage X 4.6 that has a 2 in pipe that was based on a 21. And I had actually got that friend who's four years back. The idea of buying this is to make it louder as far as just power.
Dont know anything about it ,but with that coupler ,they are known to be just an RTR pipe ,that
was most likely matched to the engine that was used on a specific engine that was used in a RTR!
It maybe just a mid range pipe ,but also ,some people dont realize ,is there should be a specific
match header that goes to it in which is key to that pipes performance!

You can buy it for your own experience on it ,but dont recommend using it thinking
it will be best for engine performance ,you are better off getting a recommendation
from someone that know a better match for your specific engine ,an you are better
off with the header & pipe combo that has the spring type coupler!..:thumbs-up:
I actually have to agree with you but the problem is is that these things are expensive.

And this bike has the same kind of coupler design as the Kyosho.

I may not expect much but it isn't bad since I'm still at factory setting. If I was not at the factory setting then yeah it would probably been an issue.

Those pretty cool liking the different design with those and the real keeper bolt
I got the body for it today and the first can of paint will be here tomorrow.

Cleaned, scuffed up a little bit with a Scotch-brite pad. Going with gun metal for the main body and of course black fender flares.

100_0986.JPG

Last edited:
I got the body for it today and the first can of paint will be here tomorrow.

Cleaned, scuffed up a little bit with a Scotch-brite pad. Going with gun metal for the main body and of course black fender flares.

View attachment 130299
Love gunmetal! Awesome cool combo. Going to look sweet! Can't wait to see it painted šŸ‘šŸ‘

Well looked up this is a tuned pipe that's based on one of their buggies. But it was very sketchy the info.

The most I gathered is it's a aluminum polish tuned pipe.

I forgot the name of the model because when I looked it up I end up not saving it. But it was something that was not in the model that you mentioned because the one you mention was smaller. This thing is 1/8 scale base model .

I decided to go ahead and put it on. I haven't got it yet but I'm saying that the old one I took off.

I have a Savage X 4.6 that has a 2 in pipe that was based on a 21. And I had actually got that friend who's four years back. The idea of buying this is to make it louder as far as just power.

I actually have to agree with you but the problem is is that these things are expensive.

And this bike has the same kind of coupler design as the Kyosho.

I may not expect much but it isn't bad since I'm still at factory setting. If I was not at the factory setting then yeah it would probably been an issue.

Louder isnt always better, but proper air movement causes some noise. I know the old trick was to drill the stinger out slightly. The stinger is the exhaust tip that spews the smoke. Another trick is to drill or remove baffles, but thats for traxxas type 2 piece plastic pipes.

When messing with these motors, listening is key. I know a guy that supercharged his 4.6 savvy in 2009. It had that death rattle in the pipe from being too lean. What scare me is he was going to mmi to work on we the peoples motorcycles.

Good luck with your research.

Love gunmetal! Awesome cool combo. Going to look sweet! Can't wait to see it painted šŸ‘šŸ‘
I'm really looking forward to getting both done.
My other body for the SCX10 ll kit will be here Tuesday.
Getting close with the Tmax also. Just waiting on a couple parts.

Bought the wife a new Fluval Spec V.
The Fluval filtration systems are fantastic. I have the Fluval 307 filtering my Turtles tank. Only have to change the insides once every other month. And it's always spotless. šŸ‘šŸ‘