The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I blame you guys...

scx10.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I've always wanted the scx10 so the wife said good lord just get it.... ;)

Last edited:
Aside from my 1/5 baja gas I prefer my crawlers.
This is going to be a pretty nice truck. I'll upgrade as time goes on. I have a Holmes Hobbies 21T with a Hobbywing 1080 going in it.
I have really good luck with the amazon servo's so I have a steering servo for it and I'll run 2s.
Post automatically merged:

I bought some 1.9 beadlocks and holy crap I give up lol . They have to be the worst design I've ever seen . I have to stop buying stuff when I'm bored ha ha ha
These are 2.2" from amazon but I've bought them before and they are awesome.
I have an extra set of Gen7 bumpers I was going to use but I think I'll go with some nice heavier aluminum.
The body I am going to buy is a hard body so I'm sure that would make it a bit top heavy so I'll add some weights on the axles also.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing this finished. It was the route I was going to go when I got my wife into it.
When I joined the forum a couple years ago I posted this one. It started out to be mine but the wife quickly claimed it.. ;)

I haven't modded it at all other than a cheap brushless system.
I am going to throw in a Hobbywing or Castle system one of these days when she isn't looking.. :D

stampede.JPG

Looking forward to seeing this finished. It was the route I was going to go when I got my wife into it.
When I joined the forum a couple years ago I posted this one. It started out to be mine but the wife quickly claimed it.. ;)

I haven't modded it at all other than a cheap brushless system.
I am going to throw in a Hobbywing or Castle system one of these days when she isn't looking.. :D

View attachment 129448
I do like that body!

I do too, I've actually tried it on a crawler and wasn't really thrilled about it but I love it on the Stampede.
The wheels and tires I've never been a fan of but one of these days that will change also.
I have a Stampede 4x4 also that I've done a few things with but nothing fancy.

I've fallen behind on posting up my pics of deliveries.
View attachment 129442
How many computers do you have in that room?!?! lol!

My lipo's showed up as did my treal c-hubs for the maxx on Monday... this thing is going to get a bruising this weekend.
2021-0712-maxx-CNHL40C5000mah6Sx4-TrealBlackC-Hubs.jpg

Got a feeling asking the MMX/2200kv to run 6S for any duration is going to be tough. Been looking at unsensored 1500-1600 4074 motors today... I did run this system in a savage flux hp on 6S which weighed more and had larger tires (trencher 3.8's) and it did ok... may have it geared too high still. Logs said it was running pretty hot. Temp gun said otherwise. I ran the pack I built through it later on Sunday when the rain stopped. It's stupid fast and I pulled a couple triple backflips at the skate park.

As much as i'd like to blame Amazon for the mix up, this one is on me. The traxxas rustler 4x4 heat sink part number i needed was 3458, i ended up ordering traxxas 3462, its about an 1/8 of an inch to long. A band saw or a grinder with a cutting wheel could neatly cut it to the correct length. i own a sawzall, great for demo, not so much for accurate cuts. Traxxas says the 3458 heatsink ain't due in till the middle of august. So sawzall cut it will be and i got a jumbo c-clamp somewhere i can use as a vice....
heatstinkerrs.jpg

I've wanted this one for a while now. Tikka T1X MTR 20" .22lr. Also picked up the more vertical grip, a T3X recoil pad to match the LOP of my T3X, a Mountain Tactical trigger spring, and an Area 419 30MOA rail for stretching it's legs. We shoot our .22s more than anything, so I'm really hoping everything is here by next weekend.

1fTyTT4.png

pb8AiY4.png

R5OCvZs.png

8oAKlZ1.png

iQSbTDc.png

I've wanted this one for a while now. Tikka T1X MTR 20" .22lr. Also picked up the more vertical grip, a T3X recoil pad to match the LOP of my T3X, a Mountain Tactical trigger spring, and an Area 419 30MOA rail for stretching it's legs. We shoot our .22s more than anything, so I'm really hoping everything is here by next weekend.

1fTyTT4.png

pb8AiY4.png

R5OCvZs.png

8oAKlZ1.png

iQSbTDc.png
Hell yeah man 👍👍👍

My coffee maker died so I went and bought me a new Keurig. I seem to have better luck with those than any of the others.