The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird, the email link to this thread takes me to an "Oops, we can't load" page.

Just ordered a center diff transmission for my savage flux from https://rc4me.us along with some associated 100k cst and 200k cst oils. Really hoping I didn't just order oil similar to my 5k/10k ofna oil...

Today? Well how about in the last two weeks or so...
Solder
Solder flux
Soldering gun
Spool of wire for electronics
Heat shrink
Helping hands for soldering
Various connectors
Plain ole batt for rc18mt
Lipo batt for rc18mt
Lipo batt for mini lst2
Boat ft012..first rc boat:) cheap!
Wltoys a959....to see if i want to get back into the hobby....and it looks like I'm:)
Savage sway bars

Can't recall what else....small stuff.

Last edited:
I got the a959 for $48 shipped ebay and actually it is a pretty good rc for that price. It's pefect to take on vacation to have something to drive without having the worry of tearing up or drowning my more expensive ones. It is tough.
Really...the only rant I have for that price is the range is shorter than I expected. But, this will take place of my other rides when I go vacationing...no doubt.

Last edited:
Picked up a new Galaxy S9+ to replace the old S7 Edge. It's a bit heavier but not too bad.

Picked up a new Galaxy S9+ to replace the old S7 Edge. It's a bit heavier but not too bad.
I'm still rocking my S5. LOL! Didn't want to give up the lack of micro sd and replaceable battery for the s6 or s7. I'm on my 4th battery, phone still works fine. Also didn't want to pay $700 for a new phone when the old one still works ok.

Ordered some 18650 battery holders and 2S balance plugs to make my own charging jig to charge up some 18650's I use for... things.

I'm still rocking my S5. LOL! Didn't want to give up the lack of micro sd and replaceable battery for the s6 or s7. I'm on my 4th battery, phone still works fine. Also didn't want to pay $700 for a new phone when the old one still works ok.

Ordered some 18650 battery holders and 2S balance plugs to make my own charging jig to charge up some 18650's I use for... things.
The S9 does have the SD Card slot as have all since the S7. I do miss the removable battery, though.

The S9 does have the SD Card slot as have all since the S7. I do miss the removable battery, though.
I think the last time I looked, it was the S7. I didn't think it had either the sd slot or removable battery. Either way, I wouldn't want a phone that didn't have both if I can help it. I'll keep my s5 until it dies.

Savage suspension arm set and some new 13awg wire.
4B904C18-023C-42D0-83FF-DCA7A419625E.jpeg

Bushnell Elite LRHSi 4.5-18X44 G2H illum (MIL) for my new long range hunting/target build. After tons of research over the past couple months, and reading/watching a ton of reviews, you won't find better glass or features without spending a LOT more money.

Just some assicated 500k for my rc4me center diff/transmission in my savage flux. If the LHS wasn't so busy, I would have picked up some GTR shocks for my stampede 4x4, but I had to go.

I used 75% 500k/25% 200k. Should have stuck with 100% 500k, but wasn't sure since I'm one of not many with this setup. I need probably 650-800k, but associated doesn't sell it, so I ordered a bottle of 1M, figured I'd do 50/50 with the 500K I have and see how that does. I hope it's enough/not too much because changing it out is not pleasant. Requires pulling the truck half apart.

Also ordered a full set of arms for my flux as I busted one.

I probably shouldn't have, but couldn't resist the deal. Palmetto State Armory complete 8.5" nitride upper with BCG in 5.56. Identical to my .300BLK upper on my AR pistol, but much cheaper to feed for practice. I'd prefer a 10.5" in 5.56, but around here the shorter length isn't going to hurt me any at the ranges I'll be shooting it.

$200 off

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ok-railed-upper-with-bcg-or-ch-516446478.html

I picked up an inexpensive Software Defined Radio (SDR) to play with and maybe use as a spectrum analyzer around here. For $20 I couldn't really go wrong.

CLP is some good stuff. I've been using it on my glock.
You just need to clean your weapons regularly or it can gum up the works as I found out as an armorer in the army.

Got a used hero5 session to use for POV vids on my trucks. Doesn't have the little door for the sd card, but I was going to run it inside a waterproof case anyway. After getting it, I found some footage of it mounted to a handlebar on a bicycle while trail running... got a feeling it's still going to be very jittery to watch even with the EIS turned on. Oh well. Still a decent camera for the $150 I paid for it.

Now if only it wasn't 95F outside all weekend so I could try it out. Maybe I'll get out in the morning tomorrow for a while.

Also got a super 5SC transmission with center diff in it few weeks back for my savage flux. Totally changed how the truck drives and I really like it. Just hoping it helps the diffs hold up even longer now. I knocked teeth off 4 pinions so far in the past year I've had the truck.

Can read more about it here:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/thre...c-transmission-in-my-hpi-savage-flux-hp.18833