The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought some new wheels, casters, all-thread and a few nuts and washers. Going to put my new Rec Tec grill on a bigger set of tires soon.

Today though I'll be smoking a couple rack of ribs. :D

Picked up a new navigation receiver running Android and SiriusXM Onyx Plus to replace the built -in units on the truck. (The new in-dash doesn't support the OEM receiver and I didn't want to have to stream it all the time.)

More savage arms, busted another front one today. Same one I broke last time. Wish the RPM ones didn't flex so much or I'd put those back on. They break shock ends though.

Stampede 4x4 vxl center axle tube. Mine split wide open 10 minutes into a run today.

Also ordered a gopro session cage/mount and screen protector.

A 36" Tipton carbon fiber one piece cleaning rod
Harris S-LM 9-13" bipod
Harris S Lock
Plano gun guard four pistol case (was deeply discounted for the 4th)
Tikka T3X beavertail forend
Tikka T3X standard grip

A longer one piece carbon fiber cleaning rod (the other wasn't long enough with the bore guide in place). And a four pistol hard case. That's all I ordered, this is the box it came in. :hehe:

RTNgPYg.jpg

iBLY2Kt.jpg

The July 4th deals are pretty good this year. Picked up a 4", 6", 8", 10" and 12" AR500 3/8" target package for our private range that'll cover us from 400-1200yds, and a scope mounted precision level from MK Machine.

ejxN42C.jpg

CES3yJy.jpg

They're 3/8" thick AR500 steel shooting targets. If you've never shot steel before, I highly recommend it, it's a lot of fun and you get quick feedback if you hit or not based on whether or not the steel "rings".
They swing back on impact don't they? Isn't like you have to replace them frequently due to being shot up.

They swing back on impact don't they? Isn't like you have to replace them frequently due to being shot up.

Whether they swing or not depends on how you mount them. Ours will as they'll be mounted with chains, bolts and washers. But they're heavy, and calm down fairly quick. And yep, that's the point, they should last years and years for the average person provided no bonehead shoots them too close in with a magnum caliber rifle, or 62gr green tips. They list the muzzle velocity and ft lbs of energy they're rated for on their site. From 300yds and beyond, you can hit these with a .300win mag, which is what my friend that's also on the game lease hunts with.

Ordered the jumbo metal shocks for my Savage X 4.6 and also purple metal fuel tank mounts.

3 Viofo dash cameras two in my truck and one in our car. All thanks to the road rage arsehats who like to passive aggressively do things in traffic to cause an accident and then play innocent. Next time they’ll be replacing parts after I boot them off the freeway.

Birthday goodness for my truck. Stainless works long tube headers 1 7/8” primaries no cats, factory connect to my new warranty replacement on my force ii catback, jlt intake, and roush red coil covers for my 5.0 F150. Will hopefully have all of it installed and tuned this month.

Lighting sucks, but the coil covers so far are the only thing that has came. I think for a cosmetic upgrade these were worth every penny. Not sure why the F150 coyote didn’t already have them from the factory like the mustangs.

7B19419D-0FB9-47B3-89B8-EA4864299696.jpeg91FD681F-8D65-40DF-8602-E80BBAF126C1.jpegCADA289D-B66B-42C6-A872-65EBFB9F24D1.jpeg

Cut him some slack hamz, he just got a DVD player last week. :D

Grabbed a few rounds of match ammo while it was on sale. It's the same weight as the highly regarded Federal GMM so we'll see how it shoots. If it sucks, I still get the brass out of the deal as I'm going to start reloading. Feeding the .308s is expensive.

MxPdWaG.jpg

New computer...that and a 4TB external backup and external DVD writer.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-i...hard-drive-recon-blue/5948598.p?skuId=5948598
To late now, but I would have skipped the external drive and bought a Backblaze subscription instead. I've been using them myself for a year or two and have been very pleased with them.

External drive backups are still reliant on the user to connect the drive and perform the backups manually. Unless you leave the drive always turned on and connected and if that's the case then people are better off just installing an internal drive. In addition an internal or external drive isn't going to protect you if you drop the drive, the computer/drive gets stolen, fire, water damage and so on.

Backblaze is $5.00 a month for unlimited storage and everything is automatic. Just install the software and connect to the internet. You'll have backups available anywhere and even versions which is nice as well.

Just my two cents. ;)

Custom Lund Tune and nGauge ordered today, intake came. It’s starting to come together. Long tubes coming next week then install and tune. Can’t wait to see the power gains from everything. Intake installed last night really made a deeper tone to the engine much better sound overall.

D0D6F3CC-9386-486C-84FF-82889179ABD5.jpeg418AB903-202A-4A1A-BC2F-7263FEDD74E7.jpeg