The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Five Guys doesn't do subs, but they do one of the best fast food burgers (hand patted pattie, and chop up a whole potato for your fries) you'll ever eat in this area Ralph. Go eat there, you won't regret it!

WARNING: A regular fry feeds 2-3 people. You've been warned, they have an individual sized fry also.

We have a few places I "need" to try, 5 guys being one of them, Noodles being another.

Well, @HPIguy, I just finished a cheeseburger from 5 guys with the small order of fries. I still have enough fries for a full meal and the burger was really quite good with Tomato, onion, ketchup and mayo on it. $12 for it.
That's half a mile in one direction but half a block in the other direction is Stock Burgers, a privately owned joint that also hand packs big patties and gives you more fries or onion rings than you can eat. The big advantage is that it's CHARCOAL BROILED!!! That one is $10. He's recently expanded to a second place and his parking lots are always crowded.
Tastes like the best Angus steak ever. Maybe I'll do that one tomorrow. When there's a westerly breeze, the smell of the smoke being exhausted from that place is incredible.
According to the blackboard at 5 guys, @slowngreen, today's potatoes were from Idaho. I forgot the name of the farm.

That's cool that they say where the potatoes come from. Does that mean the make their own fries?

That's what I thought. Excellent fries. No frozen stock. I agree, they were awe...excellent!
Speaking of stock, I just finished the Stock Burger about half an hour ago. CHARCOAL BROILED!!! Nothing like it. I went for the onion rings instead of the fries, this time. 10 bux, couldn't finish it. I still have a little for a midnight snack. That's a flavor you can't get any way without the grill. Second to none.

That a great price for a burger. The other night I went to fat burger to pick up dinner for my brother, his wife, myself and pets...for the three of us it was just under $70. The pets got Walmart cat food.

The burgers were huge, I ate mine with the help of my stepdads dog “Sarge”, he got half my burger just by crying a little. Sarge is part Pitbull, and Rottweiler, all stupid, but very likeable, he doesn’t believe in personal space.

Hate spending that much on food. Last meal over $50 was a year or two ago and was Olive Garden for me and my parents. Think it was $60+. Was pretty good, salad was the best part though but I doubt I eat their again although we are getting one locally.

I also got 3 orders of the mini donuts, but I agree that it was too much to pay for junk food. $20 more, and I could’ve got ribs, or steak from a restaurant.

This is Canada, every other place has ice cream, and mini donuts...some places even have ice cream on mini donuts...except the French they have something called a beaver tail, basically it’s a huge piece of deep fried pastry covered in cinnimon sugar, but wait there’s more, you can get it topped with sprinkles, whipped cream, marshmallows, honey, ice cream, gelato, fudge, nuts, chocolate syrup, and candy bar pieces. I’ve seen small families ( dad, mom, and 2 children) order 1 a piece, they are almost a foot long. I can’t imagine finishing one, I’d be bouncing off the walls with a sugar buzz, then I’d sleep.

We, well most of us here in Canada thought Fat Burger was an American thing.

Oh, before I forget.

I got a slipper eliminator for a Traxxas slash 4X4 (hotracing).
Custom topshaft for one of my ascenders (D_lux_fab).
Robinson Racing spur gears for Traxxas slash 4X4 (32p).
Robinson Racing 32p, 5mm bore, pinions gears (can’t find my old ones).

A1F1C65F-76BB-4E9C-8D07-D716D8290B74.png

I just received 4 of the 7400mah 2S packs from SMC yesterday. One of my 9K's I bought last February dropped a cell, it won't hold the voltage overnight anymore, so I'm currently running it dead on a light bulb so I can twist the leads and get rid of it. The 7400's fit in all my trucks, so instead of getting the new 10500 packs that work in only my revo/savage flux, figured I'd go with something that works in all my stuff. Also, less weight seems to help with harsh landings anyway. :)

A new ball cap, and sun hat from Outdoor Research (love their stuff!), and some new underwear that supposedly gives the Under Armour stuff I love a run for their money for less of my money.

Ooo, that ball cap would probably fit right in with my box of baseballs, and new bat...don’t get excited they are just softballs, and a softball bat, but I can still get a lil crazy pitching windmill, or...modified?

Box of baseballs (softballs), and baseball bat.

they are almost a foot long. I can’t imagine finishing one, I’d be bouncing off the walls with a sugar buzz, then I’d sleep.
I think I'd have it all to myself, then go home and relax in my recliner while I digest, and only then would I have me some of that there beaver.