The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GoPro hero5, 64G Lexar 633 chip, a probably knock off clear case with spare plastic frame, GoPro smart remote ($19 on ebay), Wasabi 3 pack charger and 2 extra wasabi packs. Also got tempered glass screen/lens protectors for it.

My Akaso EK7000 went out of focus on me and after much futzing with it and loss of footage, I ordered a second one. Then it corrupted all my files 2 weekends in a row. Sent it back for a full refund and tried messing with the original again, but I think something is loose inside the lens as after a tap or two, it's fuzzy, then clear, then fuzzy and I've glued the adjustable focus part solid, so it's not moving.

Was considering the Hero 2018. Then the hero 6, until I found it used the h265 codec for high framerate stuff, then ended up with the hero 5. Didn't want to have issues dealing with that codec and have to learn yet another stupid software for the editing I do.

1080p @120fps should make for some cool slow mo. Even the 60fps slow mo I tested seems better than the Akaso 60fps slowed down by a wide margin. Guess that's the difference between an $80 camera and a $300 camera.

Hoping to get out this weekend and see how it does. May try mounting the akaso in one of my trucks for some POV footage. I'm sure after a bump or two, some of the footage should come back clear. LOL! Just trying to figure out what settings will suit me best for what I do.

Always good to change the oil at 45000 miles hahaha.

I had to google Publix, looks like really good fresh subs.

Axial Deadbolt...

Nothing too fun. Smashed my savage flux up last weekend, ripped the lower front arm off one side, bent a shock, hinge pin, snapped hinge pin braces, bent the shock ripped the diff/bulkhead apart and the actual bumper split. Had a spare diff/bulk and hinge pin brace, but ordered a spare pair as well as new skid/bumpers to fix the front up like new. Also snapped one of my CVD axles off my jato when I got in front of my new bashing buddies talion. Had to have been just the exact right amount of pressure as I've cartwheeled that thing time and again without issue. Got the new axle already, but didn't realize I didn't have any spare 5x11 bearings, which I lost in the wreck. So, put in a $40 order at FastEddy to stock up on bearing sizes I was low on. Realized too late for the weekend, so the jato will stay inside until next week.

No sub? Come on now.

It took me forever to figure out your were talking about a speaker sub. My mind was still on pub subs.

I just bought 5 Guys and a Ruike knife.

I still haven't tried 5 guys. We have had one for several years now and everyone tells me they are great.

3s lipos, deans, castle bec.

Are we talking about a sub from 5 Guys? There's one here, but I've never been in there. Highly recommended?
They're up on the hill by Twin Peaks. Hmmmm, Twin Peaks and 5 Guys in the same location....
If you're not familiar with Twin Peaks, it's about the same as Hooters. I've never been to Hooters since they always get a bad health score.

Are we talking about a sub from 5 Guys? There's one here, but I've never been in there. Highly recommended?
They're up on the hill by Twin Peaks. Hmmmm, Twin Peaks and 5 Guys in the same location....
If you're not familiar with Twin Peaks, it's about the same as Hooters. I've never been to Hooters since they always get a bad health score.
I thought you didn't go to Hooters because of the peroxide-based life forms as servers that tend to keep you up at night...