The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the only new Chevy I’ve actually liked. Very nice!

I've been comparing both DirecTV Now, and Sling TV over the past week and Sling has a much better streaming service ATM. And the channel lineup is comparable between the two.
Check out Playstation Vue as well... no you don't need a Playstation to use the service.

Check out Playstation Vue as well... no you don't need a Playstation to use the service.

I've looked, but they don't have the sports channels that I want, and it's more expensive than Sling for comparable packages. Sling also does cloud DVR, and I think they're the only one doing it right now.

SLING +1
been using it for quite awhile now with no major issues, plus they have an on demand feature so you may not need the DVR aspect. The problem I had was similar to my VUDU issue but once I ran the ethernet cable to the ROKU box all buffering went away.

I've been comparing both DirecTV Now, and Sling TV over the past week and Sling has a much better streaming service ATM. And the channel lineup is comparable between the two.
Sling TV didn't have at least one of the station that I considered a must have: Science Channel.

Sling TV didn't have at least one of the station that I considered a must have: Science Channel.

Yeah, there were a couple differences, but a lot of the same channels at similar price points. Sling had the better sports package for me, covers all my moto racing, D1, WRC, F1, etc.

Got my wife a new watch for her b-day. Got her a new laptop a month or so ago that was for her "b-day", but figured a nice new watch and perfume would be good on the actual day.

Pretty sure she got me a new "work sharp" knife sharpener and castle monster X with motor for my b-day... for my flux. My flux came with the original esc in it, which isn't waterproof. The guy that sold it said he coated it with something, but I'd feel better knowing it was done at the factory. Besides, it's not bad having a spare motor and esc on hand... or to upgrade my stampede...

Got my wife a new watch for her b-day. Got her a new laptop a month or so ago that was for her "b-day", but figured a nice new watch and perfume would be good on the actual day.

Pretty sure she got me a new "work sharp" knife sharpener and castle monster X with motor for my b-day... for my flux. My flux came with the original esc in it, which isn't waterproof. The guy that sold it said he coated it with something, but I'd feel better knowing it was done at the factory. Besides, it's not bad having a spare motor and esc on hand... or to upgrade my stampede...

Now the truth comes out!...:hehe:

Now the truth comes out!...:hehe:
Not sure I would... I only have 2S packs and I'm pretty sure you'd need 3 or 4S to run a 2200kv motor fast enough to be comparable to the 2S with a 3800 motor in it. With the motor and packs... it would weigh a ton and break more.

UD/OD gears for my Cheap SOB sporty build that hasn't been touched in, I dunno three years. LOL A new case for my Oakley sunglasses that will hold extra lenses, some carpet tires for the MERV for the new semi local track, two new sensor wires for the Pro4 in the Wraith as one crapped out, and some compression socks from the bike shop to wear after running. The socks were probably the most expensive thing I bought, and I'm happy to say, they really work. No more calf pain after running. Now at my age, I just need a full body compression sock, because everything hurts! :D

Acctually.... it was not today... it was last week. I bought a 2018 Mustang GT Premium.... well actually my wife bought it for me.... :)

WOW! Congrats Tom, I love the new GT, and would own one in a heartbeat.
Thanks brother!! My wife knows how to surprise me for sure. I am not afraid to admit that I am a kept man... as long as I keep her IT needs up to date we are good! LOL I test drove all the pony cars and really liked the camero. I just liked the mustang a bit better. By the time I configured the camero similar to the stang.... I was almost in a corvette! LOL! So I went the with the 6 Speed manual 460HP Mustang.. so far I am very happy... although it has been too wet to drive it around here. I got to keep my 2006 Tacoma so the Mustang is not a daily driver.

Thanks brother!! My wife knows how to surprise me for sure. I am not afraid to admit that I am a kept man... as long as I keep her IT needs up to date we are good! LOL I test drove all the pony cars and really liked the camero. I just liked the mustang a bit better. By the time I configured the camero similar to the stang.... I was almost in a corvette! LOL! So I went the with the 6 Speed manual 460HP Mustang.. so far I am very happy... although it has been too wet to drive it around here. I got to keep my 2006 Tacoma so the Mustang is not a daily driver.
Can't imagine what that car would be like with that much engine in it. With my 300C, if the ground is damp or snow is in the air or it's cold... my traction control is kicking in at almost every stop light. Never cool when your on the expressway and step down to pass, then your ass end gets squirrelly and traction control kicks in... on a damp highway.

Ordered an integy flux motor mount. 99% sure it's to replace the stock mount for the Torq motor. Really hoping it is so I can modify it to put in the castle 1515 and keep my original for the Torq.

Can't imagine what that car would be like with that much engine in it. With my 300C, if the ground is damp or snow is in the air or it's cold... my traction control is kicking in at almost every stop light. Never cool when your on the expressway and step down to pass, then your ass end gets squirrelly and traction control kicks in... on a damp highway.

Ordered an integy flux motor mount. 99% sure it's to replace the stock mount for the Torq motor. Really hoping it is so I can modify it to put in the castle 1515 and keep my original for the Torq.
That mount should work well for you!!

I have not driven it with the traction control off yet! I’m a little nervous! Lol! I can’t believe the new Mustang has that much HP. It’s something like 425 or 430 at the wheels at 7500. Crazy!

Picked up a new toy, an Icom ID-51A Plus 2 H/T. With a repeater hooked up to the internet, i can talk around the world on 5 watts or less.

Ordered some stuff off of Amazon; A 6qt instant pot, some professional grade insecticide and a sprayer, a replacement filter for my Britta tank, a mini hot glue gun and glue sticks, and some thin CA glue. All stuff I can't get locally here in podunk. Yes, you read that right, I can't even get a hot glue gun here. Went to sLowes last night, they had the gun, but no glue sticks. :rolleyes:

I just heard our nearest "big town", Twin Falls, is getting a Hobby Lobby. I have the same problem as @HPIguy on getting random stuff like that.