The truck is not moving?? Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_pusher

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, I was dune bashing with my OG Mammoth truck when the front tires stopped spinning and starting acting as a 2 wheel drive RC. 1 minute later, the back tires stopped turning too. I ended up with the engine revving and not movement. I checked all the rods connecting to the tires and they are all moving as I hit the throttle.

It seems as if the tires are not connected to the body. I tightened the knots but still no outcome.

When I lift the truck off the ground, I have all tires moving.

I did not flip with the truck nor have any accidents.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it??

Thanks in advance.

If you are saying that all the driveshafts are spinning but the tires are not, then you have somehow stripped all 4 hexes or wheels.
If you are saying that the front and back driveshafts are spinning, but the axels from the diffs to the wheels are not, you have probably blown both diffs.
If the clutch and spur are spinning, but none of the driveshafts are, you most likely have a transmission issue. Or your slipper clutch is way too loose.
If the engine is revving, but the clutch isn't spinning, you have probably burnt your clutch shoes.

One other thing to check is the setscrews in the outdrives on the transmission and differentials. If they setscrews fall out, the shafts will spin but won't transfer that power.

Just some food for thought.

Candyman said:
If you are saying that all the driveshafts are spinning but the tires are not, then you have somehow stripped all 4 hexes or wheels.
If you are saying that the front and back driveshafts are spinning, but the axels from the diffs to the wheels are not, you have probably blown both diffs.
If the clutch and spur are spinning, but none of the driveshafts are, you most likely have a transmission issue. Or your slipper clutch is way too loose.
If the engine is revving, but the clutch isn't spinning, you have probably burnt your clutch shoes.

One other thing to check is the setscrews in the outdrives on the transmission and differentials. If they setscrews fall out, the shafts will spin but won't transfer that power.

Just some food for thought.

Well everything is moving with regards to the parts but the tires arent. I think that the last suggestion migh help but i am not sure where to locate the setscrews. to be honest, i dont know what that is.

Thanks for the help though

Check all the set screws on each universal and as well on the transmission. Check the clutch assembly and make sure that all is correct.

Yep, i would say all or 2 of the hexes stripped in the wheels, or the hexes themselves.

Thanks for the info guys,

the screws were loose and its ok now. On other problem I have is the tire bolts from inside were broken due to the power. I changed them today with a conversion kit to the HPI dirt bonz and this things is even faster now.

Appreciate all the help.

Good luck.

A lot of good people here to help you out if you run into any other problems.

Back