The Traxxas Slayer!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COOl!

Looks Nice I'm more into the stadium and monster trucks.

yeah it is a nice looking truck....that thing should fly with a 3.3

looks sweet, but i can't afford to have another truck laying around.

okay.... I'm a newb and I shouldn't be looking at things like this. Dang I want one lol.
Was reading the specs, do you still have to break this one in or is it ready to go like it reads on the site?

Hmmmmm. Losi slaps a new body and new tires on the Aftershock. Everybody says, make something new.

Traxxass slaps a new body and new tires on the Revo. OMG it's sliced bread. :p::D

yeah thats true, but traxxas also put different suspention on it ( big deal lol). Poeple prob just like the new look of the short bodied truck (or whatever they call it).

I think it's the completely different racing style of the full bodied trucks with the tires tucked under the fenders that appeals to a lot of people. If you've seen the slash's racing in a big group before, you can see how different it is from any other off-road RC that has exposed tires.

They got real creative on the video music didn't they... all the vids have the same song ans some of the same footage.

thats bad a$$ i was waiting for another rig with revo suspension

You would of thought they would have made it like the Slash, 2WD with the same suspension layout just nitro, I like seeing the shocks, it gives it more of a real feel, IMO!!

The Slash handles great and with a 7 cell in lose dirt can even be overly powerful. The 4WD would pretty much be necessary in order to get traction. I bought one over the weekend and I can't stop playing with it. I love my maxx and all but this thing is soo reliable and durable and easy to use anywhere. Its smooth, light and quick. all that is needed

Hells yea, if i were still into nitro, id jump on that.

okay.... I'm a newb and I shouldn't be looking at things like this. Dang I want one lol.
Was reading the specs, do you still have to break this one in or is it ready to go like it reads on the site?

You definately need to break it in, no motor that I have ever seen personally comes out of the box ready to race with no break in period. Break in is also really good for the driver, before I got mine I had a .15 Baja Outlaw, the Slayer blows it out of the water, break in taught me the power and throttle response that it has, and BOY DOES IT. I wouldn't really reccomend this truck to someone who is very new to the sport. VERY fast and flips VERY easy so if you aren't used to driving, you'll easly destroy this truck.

lol, thread was almost a year ago......