T-MAXX Best Upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandit

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm new to the T-Maxx and just see so many aftermarket parts online. I just dont know where to start...:\

I would like to hear what everyone thinks is the best or must needed upgrades/mods to do when backyard bashing?

depending on your skill some kind of roll cage/ roll bar. alluminum bulkheads from FLM/ gold horizon or east end maching.

depending on your skill some kind of roll cage/ roll bar. alluminum bulkheads from FLM/ gold horizon or east end maching.

Aluminum bulkheads yes, rollcage/bar no. Not that they don't help, but you can spend the money in better ways when you still have a stock truck. Take your rollcage money and buy Titanium hinge pins from Lunsford and suspension arms by RPM.

I have around 20 years experience in electic cars/trucks but i am new to nitro. As far as handling and driving them i do ok, its just tuning I'm still learning.

So dont buy Integy...LOL I will steer clear...thx

Is the RPM suspension arms aluminum?
And I take the Titanium hinge pins are stronger then stock?

RPM arms are nylon, tough stuff and inexpensive. You can do the whole truck for like $45. If you upgrade to aluminum bulkheads you'll need a different type of hinge pin because the stock pins screw into the plastic bulkheads.. Titanium pins are tough and Lunsford is the gold standard.

I stopped at a hobby shop today that i never been to before, and all they had for t-maxx parts was Integy...I thought it was funny that just today i was told to stay away from them...lol It was a nice store tho, lots of cars

here is what have done to mine, its indestructable! lol

Picture149.jpg

Picture148.jpg

Looks nice...That looks like the direction i want to go. Not sure if you have it, but whats your opinion of the extended chassis? Is it worth upgrading to it?

yea thats not the stock chassis. i run a osmax .18TM which is pretty nasty, all depends on what your doing with it.. mine is set up for about anything. only weak spot is my shocks. but since I'm selling this rig I'm not gonna change them out

Is your chassis longer then stock? I'm guessing it is, looks like you may added some length to your rollbar?

yes its longer and i had to cut and reweld more inches on the rollcage... but hey.. its what i dooooo!

It works...lol
Do you think I should do the longer frame? We just bash around nothing serious. But i like to look good...lol

pm me on an extended chassis i have one for sale

D.I.Y. RollBar

:D. If you want a RollBar for your T-MAXX. Check out my RollBar
General RC Nitro Talk . . . D.I.Y.RollBar..Home Built
Wont cost you money.just go to a autogarage that fixes car/trucks and ask them for a few feet of steel brake line (should get it free) .
So you can spend it,on your MAXX

RPM arms are nylon, tough stuff and inexpensive. You can do the whole truck for like $45.
I'm being ROBBED over here,what ever you guys pay,in the U.S $.
We get charged twice that in sterling ££ and Three time more in euro €€€
Sean WestCork in IRELAND

the first upgrade i would do is get a Full RPM skid plate set. there not the "flashiest" thing in the would, but they are damn near indestructible. the stock skids are the first thing i broke.

Last edited:
whats wrong with integy cs i just bough there a arm kit

Back