New Traxxas XRT and X-Maxx Ultimates

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traxxas just released new X-MAXX and XRT ultimate versions. Someone did a review on the X-MAXX but I forgot their name. I will find the channel here in a minute. From what I have seen and heard, the aluminum upgrades made the X-MAXX weaker. Here is the video that shows one of the issues with the new versions of the truck: X-MAXX Ultimate. Here are the links to the cars on traxxas’s website: XRT ultimate link and X-MAXX ultimate link. IMHO, they are asking too much for them and it would be better to go with a kraton. The price is 1,499.95$ for a supposed 1,000$ in upgrade aluminum and performance parts.
I really like some Traxxas machines, and own a few, no more for me though. Arrma seems to be built tougher. 🤷‍♂️. I will stick with the 6s line. Mojave 6s will be my next, $ spent.:cool:

I really like some Traxxas machines, and own a few, no more for me though. Arrma seems to be built tougher. 🤷‍♂️. I will stick with the 6s line. Mojave 6s will be my next, $ spent.:cool:
I REALLY wanna get the Mojave 6s. My buddy used to have one and it was a flipen monster.

It honestly doesn't matter which manufacturer you go with. They all have there weak points. I have the Arrma kra 8. And I had to upgrade parts out the box.

Best way to get a RC model is at a roller. And then throw in better electronics. And a few other parts. And you got yourself a decent RC vehicles...
Well, he passed away.
Sorry to hear that bud....

well, I'm late to the party, but, i have to say, these look really sick. unitil they smash into a quadrazillion pieces.
that green looks spicy tho....
i think the traxxas electronics should go right away.
if i were to buy this, id keep it in box and sell it in 50 years after it becomes a collectable.

I don't know about spending a small fortune on a heavy truck covered in soft aluminum. I just got done bending every piece of aluminum on my Sledge except the center brace and hubs, and it didn't take long. The only piece of plastic I've broken on the truck so far took a tree to get it done. I think the standard versions of these trucks are better rides.

Wonder how much a RC10 would cost 50 years from now. Seems more valuable
Especially the RC10 CC kit
I'm not sure if I be around in 50yrs.
Got a original RC10 A stamp. Which is worth a pretty penny these day. So I could only imagine.

Got to love the oldies but goodies RC vehicles

For approx the same amount of money...maybe even slightly less...it's super easy to buy the standard X-MAXX/XRT, use some intelligence in PROPERLY upgrading using QUALITY parts, and sell off the unused 'new' parts to help offset the cost of the better (non-Traxxas) upgrade parts.

To save even more, people can do what I did almost 3 years ago. I bought a roller from an RC chop shop, bought a few quality 7075 upgrades (steering knuckles, C-hubs, rear uprights, motor mount), replaced all links with hardened steel turnbuckles (likewise the suspension pins), and installed Castle electronics. In the end, I spent approx $150 more then the 'standard' RTR, and ended up with a MUCH better vehicle.

Back