Imagine if you…

• Thread starter Lostinthewoods86
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are good. I don't own the TRX4M but others here do and they look like great trucks. I personally would probably grab the SCX24 just because it would be the same scale as the AX24.

I’ve been looking at so many I looked over the trx4m being 1/18th 😂. Thanks!
You can't go wrong with either one, both the TRX4M and the SCX24 Bronco's are nice. Depends if you want variety or consistency. If you stick with the SCX24 it uses the same battery and charger as the AX24 so there is that.

That’s going to be the way I go! Thanks!

Ok, next stupid question from the newbie 😂

Looking at batteries and chargers, and kind of thinking ahead too, looking at spektrum charger and batteries…good/bad/better option? Looking to kinda keep it simple. Just from my limited time here looks like we will just be using 2s-3s for a while.

I do appreciate the group here! Just a little back story, I have basically 0 rc knowledge, grew up lucky to get a toy grade rc and a pack of disposable batteries 😂 and my kids have basically had the same experience this far 😂. Looking to find a hobby for my son to be excited about (the t maxx nitro accomplished that 😂) and keep him busy. Not much into sports besides shooting sports, but he loves working on things and figuring out how stuff works. So I’m kind of trying to build up a quick and simple set up to start with, if that makes sense 😂

I use a Hitec X2 , very easy to use.
There are some good ones out there and I'm sure guys will post what they use.

Stay away from Spektrum or any smart battery technology. The batteries are way overpriced.

When looking for a charger pay attention to the balance current. Once a cell gets topped off in your battery, the charger keeps charging but drains the excess juice from full cell(s). It goes into balance mode for this part of the charge, and a weak balance current will slow that down. Most chargers will have a balance current less than 1000 mAh.

You also want something that displays internal resistance. That allows you to keep track of your battery health. As the battery wears, the internal resistance goes up. The higher your IR goes, the more risk of a battery going up in flames. Keeping an eye on the IR lets you know when to replace your batteries.

I use the Hota D6 Pro.

Back