New Traxxas XRT and X-Maxx Ultimates

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
Traxxas just released new X-MAXX and XRT ultimate versions. Someone did a review on the X-MAXX but I forgot their name. I will find the channel here in a minute. From what I have seen and heard, the aluminum upgrades made the X-MAXX weaker. Here is the video that shows one of the issues with the new versions of the truck: X-MAXX Ultimate. Here are the links to the cars on traxxas’s website: XRT ultimate link and X-MAXX ultimate link. IMHO, they are asking too much for them and it would be better to go with a kraton. The price is 1,499.95$ for a supposed 1,000$ in upgrade aluminum and performance parts.

That’s my thoughts as well. I started a thread yesterday on it. No one replied but, I’m in agreement these aren’t upgrades. It only weakened it. Least that’s the impression I got.

Traxxas just released new X-MAXX and XRT ultimate versions. Someone did a review on the X-MAXX but I forgot their name. I will find the channel here in a minute. From what I have seen and heard, the aluminum upgrades made the X-MAXX weaker. Here is the video that shows one of the issues with the new versions of the truck: X-MAXX Ultimate. Here are the links to the cars on traxxas’s website: XRT ultimate link and X-MAXX ultimate link. IMHO, they are asking too much for them and it would be better to go with a kraton. The price is 1,499.95$ for a supposed 1,000$ in upgrade aluminum and performance parts.
This is a complete scam by Traxxas. There's no way the parts they put on it cost a grand first off. Its 6061 T6 aluminum which is just crap soft aluminum. Especially for the price. Which would total 5-600 most..

Second the traxxas VXL 8s esc and motor. Don't like the weight of the truck stock. So with the add weight it won't like it at all.

3rd. My Xmaxx is covered is Treal 7075 aluminum. Only none suspension parts and blue haha.. and didn't cost half the extra 600$ from traxxas.

Don't get me wrong I love my X8s. But you can build a better Xmaxx. With much more reliable ESC and more power with a better motor for a extra grand...

Definitely not worth the extra money. You'll end up spending more out the gate faster..... good try traxxas...

Traxxas should have got together and built some better electronics. Then this sad excuse for a Ultimate Xmaxx

This is a complete scam by Traxxas. There's no way the parts they put on it cost a grand first off. Its 6061 T6 aluminum which is just crap soft aluminum. Especially for the price. Which would total 5-600 most..

Second the traxxas VXL 8s esc and motor. Don't like the weight of the truck stock. So with the add weight it won't like it at all.

3rd. My Xmaxx is covered is Treal 7075 aluminum. Only none suspension parts and blue haha.. and didn't cost half the extra 600$ from traxxas.

Don't get me wrong I love my X8s. But you can build a better Xmaxx. With much more reliable ESC and more power with a better motor for a extra grand...

Definitely not worth the extra money. You'll end up spending more out the gate faster..... good try traxxas...

Traxxas should have got together and built some better electronics. Then this sad excuse for a Ultimate Xmaxx
For that price I'd expect tiranium.

Look... they put aluminum links in it. How stupid is that? They snap like toothpicks. No way in hell are all those crappy upgrades worth $1000. Especially when you can buy the M2C Beefcake kit for the X-Maxx for $603.50. Well, that is until Traxxas sues M2C for making upgrades for a Traxxas vehicle.

Here's their link. Do the math about 421$. That's from their site. With out the 40 dollar steering links.
https://m.traxxas.com/landingpages/x-maxx-accessories

17030379509891284649422500950786.jpg

Look... they put aluminum links in it. How stupid is that? They snap like toothpicks. No way in hell are all those crappy upgrades worth $1000. Especially when you can buy the M2C Beefcake kit for the X-Maxx for $603.50. Well, that is until Traxxas sues M2C for making upgrades for a Traxxas vehicle.
Dude worst part about those links. They have plastic ends. I bought them cause of the color. To match but they suck I never put them on. Absolute garbage
17030380701281105224077322163998.jpg

Expect something better then the Chineseium 6060 aluminum

Didn't your electronics overheat after the aluminum Treal stuff was added? So I'd be curious how the electronics hold up to the Traxxas 'cough' upgrades.
The VXL 8S system heated up out the box bone stock. The first set of lipos first run in the first 5 mins
I got to know the electronics and learned you couldn't balls out to long. Feather the throttle and it was fine. It also didn't like running in the sand at the beach of the lake next to house.. it went into heat mode and shut down for 20- 30mins. Before it would even turn back on

Here's their link. Do the math about 421$. That's from their site. With out the 40 dollar steering links.
https://m.traxxas.com/landingpages/x-maxx-accessories

View attachment 177342

Dude worst part about those links. They have plastic ends. I bought them cause of the color. To match but they suck I never put them on. Absolute garbage View attachment 177343

Expect something better then the Chineseium 6060 aluminum
I wouldn't use them. Traxxas aluminum links are the worst there is. I got some with my Jato. They broke simply turning a corner on pavement.

Didn't your electronics overheat after the aluminum Treal stuff was added? So I'd be curious how the electronics hold up to the Traxxas 'cough' upgrades.
I know run the Castle XLX2 and 1100kv HW motor with 25/30 1.5 gears
I wouldn't use them. Traxxas aluminum links are the worst there is. I got some with my Jato. They broke simply turning a corner on pavement.
Hell yeah I bought then cause of the look. Then I got them and realized the ball ends are plastic. Which is just crap
See that's them...
17030385546045315164101390700526.jpg

I can't believe they did this. And everyone on youtube. Is going head over heels about it. And it's garbage. Wondering what there kick back is. To put out the post they are putting up

Listen up guys

Its Traxxas
What do you expect. Overpriced junk cars and parts.
And thats why a traxxas can never win a race (I learned this the hardway) :thumbs-up:
Unless if its a spec slash class and everyone is even. But everyone will run into the same problems at the same time.
Or unless your MX Acres on YouTube running his 2wd slash against other race kit 2wd SCTs, or 2wd Bandit up against other 21.5 Race spec buggies. I like watching his videos, not sure if he won a race yet with those cars. Might have to rewatch some of his videos.
https://www.youtube.com/@mxacres

Listen up guys

Its Traxxas
What do you expect. Overpriced junk cars and parts.
And thats why a traxxas can never win a race (I learned this the hardway) :thumbs-up:
Oh wait a minute there little buddy. Haha

You must have been running with traxxas Electronics......

the trucks and cars take a good Ole beaten them selves.
Oh wait a minute there little buddy. Haha

You must have been running with traxxas Electronics......

the trucks and cars take a good Ole beaten them selves.
Throw a castle system in the traxxas you'll win😉 hahaha

Throw a castle system in the traxxas you'll win😉 hahaha
Nope, I run all hobbywing here. 🤣
Been running and building traxxas RC's since 98-2000. It's not the vehicles it's the electronics that SUCK!!!!
True dat
But Some of the cars like the whole 2wd lineup, it has been 95% the same for the last 30 years.

Well sorry you fell for the traxxas aluminum parts. They are softer then the plastic ones
Hahah

You never buy factory parts
Went with the upgraded VXL steel ones, never had an issue again.
I run the stock steel ones on my slash. 8 years later, they are a bit rusty but they haven't bent or snap.

My buddies when I was trying to race the rustler with the 2wd buggies once
Car: Flipping over and radio cutting out
Buddy: Traxxas car doing traxxas things. Pretty normal
And thats why I been thinking about getting rid of my traxxas's, but I can't seem to do it. They have to be stuck with me.
For that price just ditch that and get a losi 5T. Atleast its a real 5th scale and you have engine noises! Just gotta get fuel.

Last edited:
Went with the upgraded VXL steel ones, never had an issue again.
I run the stock steel ones on my slash. 8 years later, they are a bit rusty but they haven't bent or snap.

My buddies when I was trying to race the rustler with the 2wd buggies once
Car: Flipping over and radio cutting out
Buddy: Traxxas car doing traxxas things. Pretty normal
And thats why I been thinking about getting rid of my traxxas's, but I can't seem to do it. They have to be stuck with me.

For that price just ditch that and get a losi 5T. Atleast its a real 5th scale and you have engine noises! Just gotta get fuel.
Oh there's alot more then just fuel needed. When jumping up the real gas RC vehicles.
Oh there's alot more then just fuel needed. When jumping up the real gas RC vehicles.
Plus running gas engines. Don't have the tourqe and power needed for RC trucks. I would rather get the 5T and throw a 500kv motor in it...

Plus running gas engines. Don't have the tourqe and power needed for RC trucks. I would rather get the 5T and throw a 500kv motor in it...
But you have real engine noises. Not the fake ones that I had with my trashy slash back in 2015 . Lol

Back