Stay safe out there in this heat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! Lots of water. Here in MD they are calling for heat index around 110° Thurs, Fri and Sat. Friday morning thinking about taking the fam up to these small falls in the mountains (Cunningham Falls State Park) to play in the water before it gets too hot in the afternoon.

Blazing Heat Wave GIF
Love Donald he's awesome lol.

Yeah, it’s been nasty. Will be 117 here in my neck of the woods today.🥵 Haven’t been able to run the Nitro’s for a while. Too crazy hot!😳
Oh yeah nitros or electric RC's really don't like it when it's this hot. It's ridiculous.. Not even my boat likes being out in this heat. Especially when I work out side so I will stay in the AC. Till it cools down a little.
Yessir. Preach it. 🤣🤣 I surf headlines and that's about it. Most times after reading the first headline or two I'm done.

Bottled water companies started adding salt to water. They say to help retain it. I'm almost certain it has more then that to keep you coming back. For that reason I eat more fruit now.... and it's naturally flavored. 😆 get rid of the muginess and the heat isn't soo bad.
I loved living in Colorado for that same reason of dry heat. The temps aren't that bad it's summer. I get it but add in that humidity and all bets are off. New Jersey humidity is horrible.. feels like getting hit by water balloons when going to work at 5am. Thats no fun..
The water in my pool is currently hovering around 92 degrees.
Yea my pool is the same. With out a cover. Doesn't even feel good to jump in rather stand in shower. In cold water lol

Love Donald he's awesome lol.

Oh yeah nitros or electric RC's really don't like it when it's this hot. It's ridiculous.. Not even my boat likes being out in this heat. Especially when I work out side so I will stay in the AC. Till it cools down a little.

I loved living in Colorado for that same reason of dry heat. The temps aren't that bad it's summer. I get it but add in that humidity and all bets are off. New Jersey humidity is horrible.. feels like getting hit by water balloons when going to work at 5am. Thats no fun..

Yea my pool is the same. With out a cover. Doesn't even feel good to jump in rather stand in shower. In cold water lol
I'm in Florida with water on both sides. I know all about humidity. Mowing yards, just edging and weedeating my shirt is changed every 3 yards or less. First or second yard boxers and socks are drenched. My favorite part is one step out of the a.c., the first breath in your lungs feel like they aged 50 years and haad 3 packs a day for those 50!

Needles, like Death Valley to the northwest, is known for extreme heat during the summer. The Needles weather station is frequently reported by the United States government's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) as the site of the highest daily temperature recorded in the U.S. during the desert summers.
For instance, on July 22, 2006, Needles experienced a record high low temperature of 100 °F (38 °C) at 6:00 am with a high temperature exceeding 120 °F (49 °C),[12]making it one of the few locations on Earth that have recorded an overnight minimum temperature higher than 100 °F (37.8 °C).

in the Mojave Desert region
And your car which had sat outside heat soaking said it was 119, wow.

So it was hot there, in July. I am truly surprised.
Actually it sounds like it was exactly like it is supposed to be there. I wonder if you know that?

It is going to be 95 here today. It has been 95 here before many many times, over 100 too. The extent to which people seem to think this is something unusual or new truly amazes me.
I never said iut was unusual. Just stating the facts. You know what they say about assuming.
But don't get your panties in a wad. It is usually hot in the desert.

I'm in Florida with water on both sides. I know all about humidity. Mowing yards, just edging and weedeating my shirt is changed every 3 yards or less. First or second yard boxers and socks are drenched. My favorite part is one step out of the a.c., the first breath in your lungs feel like they aged 50 years and haad 3 packs a day for those 50!
God bless ya buddy. Florida during the summer is rough.. swamp as* is the worst thing. I'm in Construction I know your pain bud hahaha

God bless ya buddy. Florida during the summer is rough.. swamp as* is the worst thing. I'm in Construction I know your pain bud hahaha
Swamp ass is ok. Rash in the crack or legs is the real pain. 🤣 truck in the driveway in the sun is at 103°! I keep telling myself 6 more weeks!

Stay safe and in the shade!

I never said iut was unusual. Just stating the facts. You know what they say about assuming.
But don't get your panties in a wad. It is usually hot in the desert.
I usually go commando. Cuts down on laundry for the wife. Be careful when it rains, don't drown.

Was humid and mid 90's Saturday, so I powerwashed my deck. Yesterday was not humid and mid 80's, so I stained my deck. Today is beautiful.

In Maine. All summer, if it didn't rain, it was too hot. I am hoping I can stain my deck. After august the leaves start to fall. Oh well.Was able to paint trim on the garage, pressure washed the roof, and the rest of the house. I am winning.

Last edited:
Was humid and mid 90's Saturday, so I powerwashed my deck. Yesterday was not humid and mid 80's, so I stained my deck. Today is beautiful.
Yea man! Today is a beautiful day in the Old Line State! :thumbs-up: 😁✌️ Gonna try and get the kids off electronics and outside! If not, might wash our cars.

Yea man! Today is a beautiful day in the Old Line State! :thumbs-up: 😁✌️ Gonna try and get the kids off electronics and outside! If not, might wash our cars.
Beautiful here, too! Started yesterday and forcasted to continue this way for the next few days.
Ever since I got my new car in May, I've gotten really into detailing. I've set up a washing system that's ready to go in mere minutes. Been watching all these YT videos on detailing and bought a poop load of products. It's almost like a hobby at this point 😆
20230720_170235.jpg

20230720_170312.jpg

Beautiful here, too! Started yesterday and forcasted to continue this way for the next few days.
Ever since I got my new car in May, I've gotten really into detailing. I've set up a washing system that's ready to go in mere minutes. Been watching all these YT videos on detailing and bought a poop load of products. It's almost like a hobby at this point 😆
View attachment 169523

View attachment 169524

You are one sick puppy! Your not supposed to remove the protective crust from your car.

Brr!! Was in the 40's this morning at my house!! So much for summer heat!! Our above ground pool is down in the 60's already!? Boo!! Summer(July) is over!! It'll be back in 11 short months tho..🤔😞😂😂🍻
Was gonna say I hate you........ but I'm sure almost everyone in this thread does! 🤣🤣 enjoy it. I'm in a warehouse convincing myself It is a cool dry 85. 😶

Was gonna say I hate you........ but I'm sure almost everyone in this thread does! 🤣🤣 enjoy it. I'm in a warehouse convincing myself It is a cool dry 85. 😶
I'm in a warehouse too.. the last few weeks have been pretty brutal.. but yeah, 40's this morning!! Wtf? I'm joking about summer being over of course but we're in a bit of a cold stretch in my region currently.. I sure hope we get back to 90's so I can feel better about running this pool!! LOL. The central air is getting a nice re$t tho..😂
Ripped a couple packs in some rc's yesterday, was nice to not have to worry about temps..my track was a bit muddy, ran my Lasernut and an old Thunder Tiger MT4, which is now a truggy..
It's already up to 77 here
I was going to work in the yard but it's just too hot.
Stay safe
That's about my threshold for yard work.. once we crest 80 degrees..I'm done!! 😂😂

Back