Stay safe out there in this heat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
364079509_10225405553829261_4561486147428925444_n.jpg

Finished this guy off, going to try it out at lunch today. Wound up using some bought stonefly nymph legs instead of molding them, these are much tougher. Tossed it in the sink while my wife was doing dishes, and it floats real nice and upright :D (she wasn't entirely happy I did that though).

Got some flexible foam coming next week, if this guy works out I'm going to make a dozen or so of them to use the rest of the Summer. The thing is definitely light enough, my only concern is aerodynamics when casting. The store bought cicadas I had which were a little smaller were ok though.

Original topic - the weather has been fantastic - feels like Fall in early August, which is pretty rare here.

View attachment 169636

Finished this guy off, going to try it out at lunch today. Wound up using some bought stonefly nymph legs instead of molding them, these are much tougher. Tossed it in the sink while my wife was doing dishes, and it floats real nice and upright :D (she wasn't entirely happy I did that though).

Got some flexible foam coming next week, if this guy works out I'm going to make a dozen or so of them to use the rest of the Summer. The thing is definitely light enough, my only concern is aerodynamics when casting. The store bought cicadas I had which were a little smaller were ok though.

Original topic - the weather has been fantastic - feels like Fall in early August, which is pretty rare here.
Awesome work!

View attachment 169636

Looks legit! I actually miss those noisy buggers.

Looks legit! I actually miss those noisy buggers.
I'm listening to them right now! From every direction it seems,LOL.
View attachment 169636

Wow! That looks legit!! I'm getting hungry looking at it!!😉🤣🤣👍

View attachment 169636

That should catch a ton of bass.

Back