Stay safe out there in this heat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather is looking good here, haven't seen the 90's in over a month.

weather.png

The recent heatwave was pretty uncomfortable for a lot of people. Look at these temps! Sorted by temp - 116 F at the bottom.

View attachment 169552
For a minute there I thought these were current.. I was like, yeah! I will get to use my pool again this year!!😂😂 nevermind, it's all but over I think.. time to buy a new winter cover and put away the floats..
So much for global warming..🤷‍♂️😂😂
Weather is looking good here, haven't seen the 90's in over a month.

View attachment 169551
Not sure I'd call that "good" but "some like it hot"..😉🤷‍♂️🍻

Last edited:
Well it beats the heck out of 110. I myself prefer about 65 to 70. 🤣
Yep!! Is your climate dry at least? 100 with low humidity is hot, but 90 with 80-90% relative humidity is just miserable. That's typically how it gets over here on the east side.. Sunny and 75 would be just perfect!!😎

Sounds like floating weather.. in a kayak, fish pole, cooler full of cold ones..downstream preferably. 😎🍻
I actually was going to load up the kayak and head to the reservoir for a day or two myself but the wife is sick and I hate leaving her alone when she is.

I actually was going to load up the kayak and head to the reservoir for a day or two myself but the wife is sick and I hate leaving her alone when she is.
Ah, yeah, good call.. take care of the Mrs.. float another day👌 Hope she feels better soon.

Awww heck take her with you, fresh air will do her good! 🤣 Don't tell her I said that! :eek:

Blowing chunks isn't aloud in my truck. :yuck:
My mom went drinking with her friend back in 2016. Pops just got a brand new truck..... I got to wipe it from the inside of the door. No doubt alot when inside the door via the window track. 🤢🤮

Last edited:
My mom went drinking with her friend back in 2016. Pops just got a brand new truck..... I got to wipe it from the inside of the door. No doubt alot when inside the door via the window track. 🤢🤮
In 2011, Mrs. X and I went to Rhode Island for a Christmas party in my fairly new car. Mrs. X apparently had way too much red wine. As we got onto this really spirally interstate on-ramp, the windows didn't come down fast enough.
We drove over 2hrs home with the windows up because it was in the 20's that night 😶
That lovely aroma took six months to completely go away.

Last edited:
Got out on the water today, but it was a bit too windy for kayaking, and way too windy for fishing. However, it was a warm and sunny day. So, it was still felt really good to get out for a couple of hours on the water.
20230801_084938.jpg
20230801_090822.jpg
20230801_095227.jpg

Last edited:
In 2011, Mrs. X and I went to Rhode Island for a Christmas party in my fairly new car. Mrs. X apparently had way too much red wine. As I got onto this really spirally interstate on-ramp, the windows didn't come down fast enough.
We drove over 2hrs home with the windows up because it was in the 20's that night 😶
That lovely aroma took six months to completely go away.
Well hopefully you can laugh about it now? I'm sure that was a quiet ride once the "storm" was over?😉😂😂
Clearly it was "your" fault for driving like an idiot?!🤣🤣

Well hopefully you can laugh about it now? I'm sure that was a quiet ride once the "storm" was over?😉😂😂
Clearly it was "your" fault for driving like an idiot?!🤣🤣
Clearly! 😆

Note to self: look on Amazon for automotive barf bags to keep in cars at all times 🤮

I'm busy trying to make some cicada flies after trying ones from Amazon and catching a bunch of bass with them. They were 20 dollars for 3, and fell apart after a few fish, lol. Figured I could whip up a silicone mold and use expanding foam for the body and print some wings on clear vinyl. Still gotta make a mold for the silicone legs yet.

20230801_224224.jpg

20230801_220522.jpg

20230801_223747.jpg

Not too bad. I need to use denser, flexible foam, this was just some rigid stuff I already had. Just gotta tie the legs and wings on.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back