Stay safe out there in this heat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
Just hope everyone out west and south. Are staying safe and healthy with this heat that's taken over the states. And to everyone else around the world.. drink lots of water guys and girls... stay safe.....

Agreed! Lots of water. Here in MD they are calling for heat index around 110° Thurs, Fri and Sat. Friday morning thinking about taking the fam up to these small falls in the mountains (Cunningham Falls State Park) to play in the water before it gets too hot in the afternoon.

Blazing Heat Wave GIF

Agreed! Lots of water. Here in MD they are calling for heat index around 110° Thurs, Fri and Sat. Friday morning thinking about taking the fam up to these small falls in the mountains (Cunningham Falls State Park) to play in the water before it gets too hot in the afternoon.

Blazing Heat Wave GIF

Yeah, figures it'll be crappy on Saturday, then really nice and cool Sunday and for the next 10 days. I swear the weather is always the worst on the weekend.

OO
the heat index
I worked outside for 18 years. Salt tablets and a water cooler on the truck.
The weather here is the same as it ever was. What has changed is the weather report. PANIC PANIC PANIC. Every summer storm is severe now. If it isn't going to be hot they report the magical predicted heat index. No record temps are occurring here. High or low.
In the winter it is now blizzard conditions if it is 30 degrees. That is why the power company can't keep the power on. This came from a power co email apologizing for an outage.

Eat your plant based foods and save water for the blue planet. Be good herd animals. We need you to panic and do what we say. It's for your own good.

OO
the heat index
I worked outside for 18 years. Salt tablets and a water cooler on the truck.
The weather here is the same as it ever was. What has changed is the weather report. PANIC PANIC PANIC. Every summer storm is severe now. If it isn't going to be hot they report the magical predicted heat index. No record temps are occurring here. High or low.
In the winter it is now blizzard conditions if it is 30 degrees. That is why the power company can't keep the power on. This came from a power co email apologizing for an outage.

Eat your plant based foods and save water for the blue planet. Be good herd animals. We need you to panic and do what we say. It's for your own good.
Yessir. Preach it. 🤣🤣 I surf headlines and that's about it. Most times after reading the first headline or two I'm done.

Bottled water companies started adding salt to water. They say to help retain it. I'm almost certain it has more then that to keep you coming back. For that reason I eat more fruit now.... and it's naturally flavored. 😆 get rid of the muginess and the heat isn't soo bad.

On the afternoon of July 10, 1913, the United States Weather Bureau recorded a high temperature of 134 °F (56.7 °C) at Furnace Creek in Death Valley,[5] which stands as the highest ambient air temperature ever recorded on the surface of the Earth.[6]

In 1913

But it's way hotter now. Evil humans. We said so.

We are much better at collecting dats now than back then.

LOL

The hottest air temperature ever recorded in Death Valley was 134 °F (56.7 °C), on July 10, 1913, at Greenland Ranch (now Furnace Creek),[6] which, as of 2022, is the highest atmospheric temperature ever recorded on the Earth's surface.[5] (A report of a temperature of 58 °C (136 °F) in Libya in 1922 was later determined to be inaccurate.)[6] During the heat wave that peaked with that record, five consecutive days reached 129 °F (54 °C) or higher. Some modern meteorologists now dispute the accuracy of the 1913 temperature measurement.[19] On June 30, 2013, a verified temperature of 129.2 °F (54.0 °C) was recorded and is tied with Mitribah, Kuwait, for the hottest reliably measured air temperature ever recorded on earth.[20] A temperature of 130 °F (54.4 °C) was recorded at the Furnace Creek weather station on August 16, 2020, but has not yet been officially verified.

How does one officially verify a temperature? Go back in time with another thermometer.

It appears the earth is cooling. 4 degrees in 100 years. An ice age is coming. I heard that when I was a kid.

On the afternoon of July 10, 1913, the United States Weather Bureau recorded a high temperature of 134 °F (56.7 °C) at Furnace Creek in Death Valley,[5] which stands as the highest ambient air temperature ever recorded on the surface of the Earth.[6]

In 1913

But it's way hotter now. Evil humans. We said so.

We are much better at collecting dats now than back then.

LOL

The hottest air temperature ever recorded in Death Valley was 134 °F (56.7 °C), on July 10, 1913, at Greenland Ranch (now Furnace Creek),[6] which, as of 2022, is the highest atmospheric temperature ever recorded on the Earth's surface.[5] (A report of a temperature of 58 °C (136 °F) in Libya in 1922 was later determined to be inaccurate.)[6] During the heat wave that peaked with that record, five consecutive days reached 129 °F (54 °C) or higher. Some modern meteorologists now dispute the accuracy of the 1913 temperature measurement.[19] On June 30, 2013, a verified temperature of 129.2 °F (54.0 °C) was recorded and is tied with Mitribah, Kuwait, for the hottest reliably measured air temperature ever recorded on earth.[20] A temperature of 130 °F (54.4 °C) was recorded at the Furnace Creek weather station on August 16, 2020, but has not yet been officially verified.

How does one officially verify a temperature? Go back in time with another thermometer.

It appears the earth is cooling. 4 degrees in 100 years. An ice age is coming. I heard that when I was a kid.

What they have done is conditioned several generations now to feel anxiety every time a record is broken or the weather is bad (and previously they kept saying weather is not equal to climate). Some of what I see on the Weather Channel is ridiculously close to propaganda. Well, not even close, it just is.

Meanwhile Obama bought waterfront property in Hawaii (the old Magnum PI estate). Not only that, he erected a privacy wall extending into the ocean that ruined the beach and pissed off a lot of people.

Was doing some work in a metal building in Needles California yesterday. When I left the car said it was 119F.
I couldn't wait to get out of there.
There is no arguing we are changing makeup of our atmosphere. To think there would be no consequences for doing that is crazy.

Was doing some work in a metal building in Needles California yesterday. When I left the car said it was 119F.
I couldn't wait to get out of there.
There is no arguing we are changing makeup of our atmosphere. To think there would be no consequences for doing that is crazy.

Needles, like Death Valley to the northwest, is known for extreme heat during the summer. The Needles weather station is frequently reported by the United States government's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) as the site of the highest daily temperature recorded in the U.S. during the desert summers.
For instance, on July 22, 2006, Needles experienced a record high low temperature of 100 °F (38 °C) at 6:00 am with a high temperature exceeding 120 °F (49 °C),[12]making it one of the few locations on Earth that have recorded an overnight minimum temperature higher than 100 °F (37.8 °C).

in the Mojave Desert region
And your car which had sat outside heat soaking said it was 119, wow.

So it was hot there, in July. I am truly surprised.
Actually it sounds like it was exactly like it is supposed to be there. I wonder if you know that?

It is going to be 95 here today. It has been 95 here before many many times, over 100 too. The extent to which people seem to think this is something unusual or new truly amazes me.

On average, 50% of days, the temperature will be higher than average. So every time it is, we will scream 'global warming.' The other 50% of the time, when it is cooler than average, they do not say 'global warming', they scream 'climate change.'

"Winter" of 2009-2010 was the coldest in history in Florida. Lots of people and businesses in south Florida discovered their building did not have any type of heating; it was never needed before. I had to wear a coat at the local diner. Weather people never remind us of that record breaking cold.

Some more statistics:
  • on average each human has one ovary and one testicle
  • on average, 50% of the people you encounter are more stupid than average
  • 50% of the time it is windier than average

@AlanDewey they also forgot the multiple times we had snow. 89 or 90 was snow flurries in Orlando. Seminole had white on the ground sometime in the mid to late 80s or 90s.

That 2009 winter was fun. I had a vxl bandit driving on ice just skating.

Back