So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were having fun ,those were some nice landings & flips!...:thumbs-up:
It was a good time. The suspension setup on it is a mess... I really need to tear it down and set it up like my ERBEv2 as I really like how it does and it rarely has issues now. Before I got into electric, I'd set my revo's up to avoid much chassis slap... but with all the big air you see in videos and that I've done myself with electric, I now know chassis slap is just part of the game.

My BB revo is setup very stiff and I had it setup too tall, which is likely why the rocker post snapped off. Add in the fact that I put tires on it that were 3/4" taller than what was on it... surprised I didn't do more damage!

I need to weigh it as in my hand, it feels a bit lighter than my ERBEv2 with packs in it. So odds are, the springs/pistons/oil I use on it should work fine this too.

I haven't burned a drop all summer. Work is consuming my life. It's not funny anymore.

I hear you on that one! I'm only getting back into RC again because for the past 8 years, I have been working 10-14 hours a day, 6 days a week. I was the maintenance manager for a very large industrial refrigeration warehouse. I also had a 2 hour a day commute. Now, I have a Government job working 8 hours a day, 4.5 days a week, with a commute of 10 minutes a day. Life is good, now.

I hear you on that one! I'm only getting back into RC again because for the past 8 years, I have been working 10-14 hours a day, 6 days a week. I was the maintenance manager for a very large industrial refrigeration warehouse. I also had a 2 hour a day commute. Now, I have a Government job working 8 hours a day, 4.5 days a week, with a commute of 10 minutes a day. Life is good, now.
Praying every day that my company doesn't fold due to covid... 10% pay cut and required 1 furlough day a week. Wednesday has become one of my new bash days. So at least for a few hours, I have something to take my mind off "the suck".

Praying every day that my company doesn't fold due to covid... 10% pay cut and required 1 furlough day a week. Wednesday has become one of my new bash days. So at least for a few hours, I have something to take my mind off "the suck".

This is not the place to rant, so I won't, but... That really sucks! I hate hearing about that stuff.

Same here ,I havent hit no hills & jumps in about 8 years ,however ,I would take my nitro out on the street every now & then ,
only enough to fresh up my mind with them!

Seeing these vids make me want to head out to the foot hills again!...:cool:

I am off the 99 an close by the 65 ,I got foot hill as far as you can see!...:cool:

Same here ,I havent hit no hills & jumps in about 8 years ,however ,I would take my nitro out on the street every now & then ,
only enough to fresh up my mind with them!

Seeing these vids make me want to head out to the foot hills again!...:cool:

I am off the 99 an close by the 65 ,I got foot hill as far as you can see!...:cool:

Kern county, huh? I'm up here in San Juaquin County.

I've been burning it every day after work lately, just breaking in tuning and testing for a bit before dinner. As soon as my MJ course pieces are finished I'm gonna get a little more serious and start practicing more, and working the fleet hard :D

What's nitro? lol I haven't burned any in quite a while due to noise restrictions where I live.
You can't run them during the day? Thats bullcrap man. I'd have to just move. If someone told me i can't run my RC Car due to some noise i would steal all the lawnmower spark plugs in the neighborhood. lol But no that does suck man. I don't know what i'd do if i didn't have my Beast to keep me busy.

Yeah he actually lives local to me. But not sure if he got the sleeve in the mail yet. I might see if he does porting as well as the re-pinch. Or I might buy a new tuned pipe and air filter setup. Its for my nitro star .15fe which people think kinda sucks but I'll be happy to have it refreshed.
Can you send a link to his website or some way to contact him? I would like to try him out.

Man we are getting old!...?
And how!

Planning on taking the BB revo again tomorrow. Redid the shocks/suspension on it. Added RC Raven dual rate springs, 80wt rear, 70wt front, had vdk #2 pistons in it already and made sure to move the rods to the middle holes on the arms to avoid breaking a post like last time. The fronts were on the inside hole. Also replaced the front rockers with some spare alloy ones. Really wish lunsford still made titanium rocker posts... all 3 of my revos have these things bent. :(

Hoping the softer suspension helps it drive a bit better. Not sure what oil I had in it, but I had purple/blue springs (rear/front) and it was overly bouncy. Figured I'd try setting it up more like my ERBEv2 which I like the handling of better.
2020-0723-BBRevo-RCRavenSprings-top.jpg

And how!

Planning on taking the BB revo again tomorrow. Redid the shocks/suspension on it. Added RC Raven dual rate springs, 80wt rear, 70wt front, had vdk #2 pistons in it already and made sure to move the rods to the middle holes on the arms to avoid breaking a post like last time. The fronts were on the inside hole. Also replaced the front rockers with some spare alloy ones. Really wish lunsford still made titanium rocker posts... all 3 of my revos have these things bent. :(

Hoping the softer suspension helps it drive a bit better. Not sure what oil I had in it, but I had purple/blue springs (rear/front) and it was overly bouncy. Figured I'd try setting it up more like my ERBEv2 which I like the handling of better.
2020-0723-BBRevo-RCRavenSprings-top.jpg

I have the Lunsford ties on my Mgt. ,I bought two sets years ago on auction ,gave my B-law one set for his ,I should have kept
them for my other trucks!

I am always looking for parts ,I will keep an eye out I seen some Lunsford stuff ,but I dont think that they were for a Revo!...:thumbs-up:

I have the Lunsford ties on my Mgt. ,I bought two sets years ago on auction ,gave my B-law one set for his ,I should have kept
them for my other trucks!

I am always looking for parts ,I will keep an eye out I seen some Lunsford stuff ,but I dont think that they were for a Revo!...:thumbs-up:
Yeah, it's the rocker posts (lns7606) that I'm after. I emailed lunsford and they don't intend on making them again any time soon. Can't believe with the 2.0 revo that people aren't bending/breaking them. I seem to go through a set every few months on my ERBEv2... perhaps it's because I drive it like my outcast and stampede. lol!

I am hoping to have my hpi rs4 mk running soon so I can take it to a friend's lake in Virginia and hopefully run it a lot there also.

I finally burned a little nitro! To answer a question I posted in another thread,YES, my 7yr old fuel still runs fine. At least it started off well but it was short lived and ended with a bit of disappointment. My SC8 started right up and I was easily able to get it tuned with a good idle and throttle response but once running the old o-rings in the carb quickly deteriorated and the tunability went away after burning through less than a 1/2 tank.