So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to get out and run mine yesterday... it was hot, well, hot for me. 85F, no shade, no breeze... I was out for about 3 hours running 3 of my trucks, 1.5 of which was my BB Revo. Changed the suspension a bit since last time with RC Raven dual rate springs, 80wt rear/70wt front and threw a spare set of alloy P2 rockers on the front. Think I might drop to a 14T bell so I can get a few more rpm's out of 2nd gear in the grass. Was thinking of trying the RRP close ratio gear set, but don't feel like spending the $70.

I did break a rear axle half way through the run. I had a spare with me, so stood in the sun getting cooked while fixing that.

Was able to get out and run mine yesterday... it was hot, well, hot for me. 85F, no shade, no breeze... I was out for about 3 hours running 3 of my trucks, 1.5 of which was my BB Revo. Changed the suspension a bit since last time with RC Raven dual rate springs, 80wt rear/70wt front and threw a spare set of alloy P2 rockers on the front. Think I might drop to a 14T bell so I can get a few more rpm's out of 2nd gear in the grass. Was thinking of trying the RRP close ratio gear set, but don't feel like spending the $70.

I did break a rear axle half way through the run. I had a spare with me, so stood in the sun getting cooked while fixing that.

That was a beating!.....:thumbs-up:

It was 96 degrees out, but around 5:30 my stepdaughter and I went out and set up the mini MJ course and ran my Dragonoid Mad Crusher and my Pouncer T-Maxx. Had a blast! She was really getting the hang of it fast, pulling wheels all over the place with Pouncer. Flipped only once, but lost the air filter which I had forgotten to ziptie. Found the filter, but decided I didn't want to chance it coming off again in such a dusty place (ballfield), and I forgot to bring zipties(usually have a stash in my toolbox but took them out for working on something else the other day).

Really got the first chance to drive the Dragonoid in dirt, and on a course, and I struggled. Partly because *somebody* (not me) fiddled with my settings on my controller for steering trim and dualrate, and I didn't notice (and the heat must have made me not think to at least check, lol - I also initially forgot to fill the tank and wondered why it was starving when I gunned it, totally blaming the infernal heat here!). So the truck was drifting to the left at center position, and was super sensitive(I normally really dial back the dualrate because of the 4 wheel steering). Also, the power was overkill with the setup I had chosen with the pinion and clutch (went to 16t and L on clutch). I probably should have stuck with the 18t pinion I think. It was pretty uncontrollable, like a wild stallion :D Next time I'll bring a popup tent and my bench so I can change some things up more easily. Before I got a chance to get the steering dialed in, I lost a drive cup off of the transmission, which cut the day short. Did find the cup, but didn't have my table to work on the truck and get it back on(which requires disconnecting links, etc). Plus...too hot!

Regardless, I got to hit a few jumps, and get a better feel for this monster. Not easy threading a 1/8 truck with off kilter, overly sensitive steering through a 24 inch ramp cleanly, really hard to line things up, even slowly. Need some practice with it. I have no where near the trouble with the T-maxx getting it lined up and ripping through the course. I do love how this truck takes turns though, it gets around them VERY tightly, high speed, very stable with the heavy axles and wide stance.

Last edited:
Few pics from our little heat soaked event :D

Lined up good on approach, veered right on ramp when I centered the steering and punched it because of not having trim set!
VideoCapture_20200726-185324.jpg

Missed the turn completely because of that, lol
VideoCapture_20200726-185437.jpg

Way too much throttle on the ramp, spun out and launched nearly sideways (didn't crash though!)
VideoCapture_20200726-185545.jpg

Step daughter thrashing Pouncer a bit around the diamond, maybe next time she'll be able to run the course
VideoCapture_20200727-112846.jpg

I burned some 91octane gas on the first heat cycle in my Baja 5b, does that count?...:D

Nice. I'll do another one in the morning, its getting to hot out for me now....

Nice. I'll do another one in the morning, its getting to hot out for me now....

I was having issues with my pull starter ,an couldnt get it to fire ,but finally after 2 days ,I got it to fire ,I am putting it
back together now!

Here is the second fire up this morning ,did not get one of the first fire up as it surprised me when it did!

WooHoo! Got to burn a full tank of fuel tonight!:D
I had to go down to Tulsa Ok last weekend and take the wife's new car in for it's 10K service so while down there I went to HobbyTown and picked up parts for the carb, a quart of new VP fuel and and a new glow plug for the SC8. Yeah I know I said it would be fine on the old fuel and after it's all tuned I still think it will be. However, I wanted to make sure even though I am rusty on the tuning I wanted every chance I could to get some run time. I still don't have the idle where I want it but I had it running decent and it rips again! I forgot how much fun these little things are. My wife even commented on how much I was smiling after running a tank through it.

They still run. Well 3 of them do so far. I burned some nitro for the first time in a long while. I had to remember how to charge 6 different kinds of batteries and unplug carburetors.

These all run.
i-jKMTqFv-M.jpg

Next on the lift is the Losi LST.
i-5KmWNTp-M.jpg

Now to go find a good place to bash.
The 8ight T I converted from gas to a LRP seems to have an air leak. The longer I ran it the worse it got.

I have some not working ones and having trouble fixing so I am going to break down and buy a working one. unless anyone knows a place that fixes them near in coastal NC?