So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for my new camera to come in to burns some nitro!...:p
I have my Mgt. ready to go ,but its useless with out vids!.....LOL

DId Saturday, too much rain Sunday. Could have run anyway but didn't want to clean the mud off a second day in a row. Got a dirty look from some older guy in his driveway while making noise across the street in a school yard. The "what's that horrible noise it sounds fun yet dangerous" look.

Put a couple of tanks through my beast above yesterday afternoon in honor of Columbus.. May actually get out this afternoon for a few minutes. Wife and kid out and working from home can be nice sometimes.

Ran my first tank in probably 5 months last night. In a buggy I was getting ready to sell. Still amusing to see a 1/8th buggy wheelie. 50k diffs and lrp28 tend to do that though. Hadn't run the thing in well over a year. Threw some ARO in it to loosen it up some, charged the pack, primed it, it fired on the second pull. I love a well tuned LRP!

I ran the WR8 on the church parking lot down the street. It drifts.

I burned some more yesterday and today testing out my new brakes. I switched from the stainless setup to the red fiber disk. So far so good!

I am curious to know how this 'different' system (don't want to use 'upgrade' til we know more. ;)) works out for you.
I have a revo and bought a traxxas 'upgraded brake disc and pad' system as well. Yeah, please post more about the red vs stainless if you wouldn't mind. I'd appreciate the 'revue' for sure! Thanks! :thumbs-up:

I've had all 3, the original single fiber, the dual steel disk with fiber/sticker pads and dual red disk. I prefer the dual red disk. The steel ones bind on themselves after a while as the hex in the center gets worn. The single fiber wasn't quite enough grab. The duals are nice and smooth, but will still give you an endo if your throttle finger is excited... and if you have a decent servo powering them. I did break one of the duals though. Had a stick get jammed up in there. Then I got an RPM center skid and have been fine for a few years.

Thanks! I have that dual setup. I will look into the rpm setup!

I haven't really run in snow but water becomes somewhat inevitable. So are you saying better to run with pink or red is quality? I haven't looked these up so please forgive my ignorance of its clearly posted

I am curious to know how this 'different' system (don't want to use 'upgrade' til we know more. ;)) works out for you.
I have a revo and bought a traxxas 'upgraded brake disc and pad' system as well. Yeah, please post more about the red vs stainless if you wouldn't mind. I'd appreciate the 'revue' for sure! Thanks! :thumbs-up:
I didn't even know about the single fiber setup. Almost 6 gallons on the dual stainless and only 550cc's on the dual fiber disk so I don't have any experience with them yet. I've struggled with brake fade and torn pads and binding like OLDS said from the dual steel setup.
I've got an RPM center skid sitting in my amazon shopping cart now lol!

today i was running my ek4 s2 and on a full throttle then i hear a voice like boom....!!!:penguin: i go to the truck i inspected that what is the problem and i finaly find out that startingaxle came out of the engine back with the bronze bush.it get fit in again but it is kinda lose in the crank case i think that i have to make a new bronze bush which fits in the case tightly

Yeah, it's never a good sing when parts start popping out of the engine!!!