So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set up sheets is the best thing. You have to go over each car before and after the race. My modified had a bent axle last night. Luckily I didn’t need the sprint car so I used the axle from it and replaced it tonight.
Plus I have to check things over between each race. And this is a contact sport. Mostly with a walk at twenty or thirty miles an hour. So I pretty much know what is broken and the hobby shop has the parts. Constant tuning and quick maintenance after crashing is how it goes.

Breydon took the Kraton 6S out in the snow for some rooster tails.
20230125_170930.jpg

Now we gotta clean it up 🤪
Screenshot_20230125-171152_Video Player.jpg

The field looks as bad as the car lol.
20230125_171410.jpg

It's early yet but my son and three of my grandkids are headed over today so my son can work on my amps.
I have a little crawler course set up in the shop so the kids won't get bored.

Haven't been here a while, I've been doing absolutely as little as possible honestly. But! I have built Slimer onto brink of being investigated. Latest upset was a set of injora brass beadlocks and injora mud terrains. At that point I had to double down with something that would move it so thanks to MOFO I bought the torque monster 50 and a set of shock plates. Miraculously I set them In a perfect design the thing is bulletproof. I think at this time if I had/wanted to do something it's going to be an overdrive kit. Oh and I had to trim the body. I got my son into the hobby, we are working on a Bronco build. The rims and tires was suppose to be for his but wouldn't fit without cutting so I traded him for now. Fun stuff! Oh and I need to figure out a new battery tray, I tore mine up putting the motor on, any suggestions?

20230210_181008.jpg

20230210_181106.jpg

Oh, and yes my left front and right rear are backward, I noticed that earlier
@Xraycer I admire your commitment to the hobby by risking life and limb in the elements. :thumbs-up:
I do this racing my kids with the Losi's fun stuff. Trying to figure out how to make portable jumps, for now I'm working with cinder blocks and sheet metal lol still fun as hell

Last edited:
Haven't been here a while, I've been doing absolutely as little as possible honestly. But! I have built Slimer onto brink of being investigated. Latest upset was a set of injora brass beadlocks and injora mud terrains. At that point I had to double down with something that would move it so thanks to MOFO I bought the torque monster 50 and a set of shock plates. Miraculously I set them In a perfect design the thing is bulletproof. I think at this time if I had/wanted to do something it's going to be an overdrive kit. Oh and I had to trim the body. I got my son into the hobby, we are working on a Bronco build. The rims and tires was suppose to be for his but wouldn't fit without cutting so I traded him for now. Fun stuff! Oh and I need to figure out a new battery tray, I tore mine up putting the motor on, any suggestions?

View attachment 160035

View attachment 160036
Oh, and yes my left front and right rear are backward, I noticed that earlier

I do this racing my kids with the Losi's fun stuff. Trying to figure out how to make portable jumps, for now I'm working with cinder blocks and sheet metal lol still fun as hell
I've made quick ramps by joining a couple pieces of plywood together with a piano hinge. Works great!

Last edited:
Its like 50* F and sunny here today , so I was able to get this 1/24 machine out for its maiden passes.. She looks so purty in the sun , you can't see the chameleon flake in the pics , but WOW it pops to the naked eye!!
20230212_132701.jpg

Today I went flying, it's been a few months so it was good to get out. Took the UMX Turbo Timber, it turned a bit breezy but it was a blast, kind of funny after just mentioning how fun it is to fly them like a kite, today was perfect for it. I could keep it in one place for quite a while. I didn't know how bad I needed to get out and play. :)

Today I went flying, it's been a few months so it was good to get out. Took the UMX Turbo Timber, it turned a bit breezy but it was a blast, kind of funny after just mentioning how fun it is to fly them like a kite, today was perfect for it. I could keep it in one place for quite a while. I didn't know how bad I needed to get out and play. :)
I'm certain one of these days, I'll get the itch to get back into flying.

R/C runnings been on a pause here lately. Been a rash of intersection, street and parking lot takeovers by the 1:1 drift groups. Some social media organized; some ad hoc. LEO's really beginning to crack down with arrest's, charges and impounding of cars.

Call me paranoid, but all I'd need is an over-zealous LEO to tag me doing speed runs with my r/c in the industrial area. Street I run on has a lot of rubber lay-down, so suspect it is an after-hours street racing site. Sure don't want to end up as a test case for r/c use of public roads and streets.

Been scouting out prospective parking lots with the notion of asking permission of the owners to run r/c. But now, with LEO's going into parking lots as well as city streets, that's on the back burner as well.

Thinking going all-grass speed runs with the local ball field I've been using. May be the only immediate workable option.

Anyone else seeing an upsurge of drift car take overs and how are LEO's responding? Can't help but think this is eventually going to bleed over into r/c. And nobody has our back as r/c'ers.

My experience with law enforcement has been very positive regarding rc's. Usually they stop to make sure your not up to something suspicious.

Once you explain what you are doing, they are usually curious or just go on their way. Also surprising how many of them are in the hobby one way or another. They key is don't be nervous, and be respectful.