Should i have added a spring to my servo to keep the brakes open? (BC I DID.... )

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tawmee

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'LL INCLUDE PICTURES. BASICALLY WHEN THE CAR IS OFF IT WAS DIFFICULT TO MOVE FORWARD UNTIL ADJUSTED THE BRAKE LINKAGE, THEN I FOUND A GOOD SPRING ATTACHED IT TO THE FRAME, VIA SCREW, THEN TO THE EMPTY HOLE ON THE SERVO SO IT KEEPS THE BRAKES OPEN IT RIDES SMOOTH NOW IS THIS OKAY???
VIDEO0255_0000012218_1.jpg

SORRY, I CAN'T QUITE HEAR YOU? WHAT WAS IT YOU WERE ASKING?

You should adjust the throttle trim so that the brakes don't stick on when driving.

I can't see in your photo clearly enough as to what you have attached to what.

Usually, when you let off the brakes, there's a bit of gap in the linkage when at idle which takes the pressure off the pads. Sometimes they drag a little, but after a few revolutions, the disks move the pads far enough away to release without any extra help. Do you maybe have some binding in the linkage?

I don't see why not. People do whatever it takes to solve an issue so if it's working better then I'd say it's fixed. However it is more than likely what is being described in the previous comments by the guys.

Back