SchrodeMode's Axial Wraith

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pinion bearings on the axles, especially the rear, are about shot. I had read that running bushings instead of bearings is a good idea, so I ordered a set, the reasoning is the fact that a bushing will almost never fail. With bushings you'll likely notice play developing before it's enough to tear up the ring/pinion gears, where as bearings are known to fail and lead to some chewed up gears.

My yeti had bushings in the rear axle, it chewed up the inner bushing in no time although the yeti is probably working a little harder than a wraith.

My yeti had bushings in the rear axle, it chewed up the inner bushing in no time although the yeti is probably working a little harder than a wraith.
Yeah, I think bearings would be necessary if I was running a brushless setup.

Axial has one, its either the alloy upgrade or the hi-clearance. Axial has always made the part needed to fit crazy together

Killed my servo this morning. I'm pretty sure my motor is about shot as well, it got super hot and is now hard to push. I'm about to grab a Hitec 5995 TG as a replacement, along with a CC 10 amp BEC. Any suggestions on a cheap motor to get me by until I'm back home? I'm in a super hot, sandy, dusty, salty, and humid at night environment. I'm thinking about getting a H.H. motor or going brushless when I return, depending on what direction I decide to go (slow and steady or fast and reckless).

Yeah, I saw it and it was a cheap price. It won't have the torque of the 20t, but the 20t motors that I saw were about $20 less than a 4-Pole Dynamite Brushless set up.

If your going to buy a cheaper brushed motor take a look at Holmeshobbies Torquemaster sport motors are $35.00 and they have a 27t available

http://holmeshobbies.com/TorqueMaster-Sport-540.html
I've been looking at them, I'll probably get one when I return home. I'm just going to grab a "disposable" one for now, I can get a 27t Axial for $12 shipped. I didn't put much time on the stock motor, I'd hate to spend the money on a good one just to have it die a quick death.

Now the fun starts!
I should've called it Bombproof. All of the work I do on it is in our Bombdump, and that's where it gets driven. I need to get some pics of it on some bombs.

Not many guys can say they crawl bombs lol

Anyone have suggestions on what gearing I should be looking at after I throw the 2900kv Vanguard system in it?

My ESC, BEC, and Castle Link Quick Connect arrived today. Now I'm just waiting on my servo.

Quick question about wiring the BEC and Quick Connect though. You're supposed to disconnect the positive wire from the rx plug of the ESC when using the BEC. Being as I'm using the Quick Connect, I just unplug the positive from it's rx plug, right?

It all depends on where you'd like to scavenge power from to feed your RX.

If you use a Y-harness from your BEC, then yeah disconnect the +wire from your ESC.

If your using a bypass adaptor, then keep the +wire from your ESC connectted, since the bypass wire should only have the -wire, and the signal wire running to your RX.

When i have a 4s lipo hooked up, I use a separate BEC to send power to my RX, another one to supply power to my servo, and one more to send power to my VP/MORE lights.

^^Are you saying you run three separate BECs?

Yup. I don't use my internal BECs anymore.

One CC BEC set at 6v...? I think its 6v, its for the RX.
One CC BEC pro set at 12v for the MORE/VP lights (5" lightbars, and Q series).<I borrowed this one.
One Heyok no brainer for the steering servo...whatever heyok set it at. I thinks its set at the max for a hitec 7950....

Last edited: