SchrodeMode's Axial Wraith

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a problem with it:

No Dirt!!!
Trust me, I know!!! I'm still waiting on my charger, my wife was supposed to send it last week but didn't get to until Wednesday.

Hopefully she sent by Royal Post. If it was USPS, you wouldn't have it until after Christmas...

Hopefully she sent by Royal Post. If it was USPS, you wouldn't have it until after Christmas...
Nope, she went MPS, APO to APO is free and actually doesn't take that long.

I ended up stripping the plastic servo horn, luckily I had already ordered my aluminum replacement and it arrived the next day. Today I stripped one of the wheel hubs which allowed the drive pin to fall out. Does anyone know if there are aluminum hubs that fit the Axial IFD wheels?

I ordered some Vanquish SLW hubs for it. This is definitely turning out to be my biggest money pit, the upgrades are endless.

Dude,ease up on the Wheaties!

HobbyKing couldn't ship you some LiPos? They have warehouses in several countries.
If I was home I could have them shipped to my buddy's house, but they don't have one where I'm deployed.

I ordered some Vanquish SLW hubs for it. This is definitely turning out to be my biggest money pit, the upgrades are endless.

That's what I am using on my YETI Vanquish seems to make some quality stuff.

The quality of the CNC work on their parts is excellent.

02BB0515-DA7B-48C4-836D-2F10AF5B33E3_zpsalnu5gdj.jpg

Finally got my parts. Now I need to order some bearings and oil, the powder like sand and salt is killing anything metal.....I wonder how much longer my motor will last.

The VP hubs are great, now I really need to find some better wheels. I accidentally over tightened one of my screws causing the plastic around it to get messed up. That mixed with high temps caused the wheel to soften enough to let the screw pull into the wheel more after I bumped a rock, now I have a wobbly front left wheel.

Get some of the Vanquish wheels since you already have the hubs. If I decide to upgrade the wheels on the SCX-10/JK, I'm going with the Vanquish stuff. I love the CNC work on the axles, especially the Curries.

Get some of the Vanquish wheels since you already have the hubs. If I decide to upgrade the wheels on the SCX-10/JK, I'm going with the Vanquish stuff. I love the CNC work on the axles, especially the Curries.
I don't want to get any other VP stuff until I get home, everything on it is getting destroyed here. The sand is powder like and gets in/on EVERYTHING, and I'm pretty sure it has salt mixed in with it because everything is rusted. I've only run the Wraith a few times and all of the hardware is rusted, I need to order a set of SS hardware to fix that. I'm thinking about either getting a set of (brace yourself) Integy wheels, they look pretty good and I'd rather ruin a $70-80 set of wheels vs a set that costs double. I was also looking at a set of RC4WD's steel wheels, a simple black set could be repainted.

The steele wheels would end up rusty, would look good with a rat rod style body!

You'd be fine with Integy wheels as long as you plan on ruining them.
That's what I'm leaning towards, maybe they'll be one of Integy's oddball items and actually last.

The steele wheels would end up rusty, would look good with a rat rod style body!
I figured that much, but they are just some plain 8 hole wheels so repainting them would be easy enough.

I'm torn between the black and the raw steel.

$_12.jpg

$_57.jpg

I use the black 1.9 RC4WD wagon wheels on my Ascender and they are really well-made and should last. The only part of mine that isn't painted are the lugs and locking rings. I'd also recommend the 12mm hex-adapters for them (they used a drive-pin style originally on mine).

I ordered them right before your post @hamz9561. I had seen some people talking about them being pretty good, but they didn't have any specs about the hardware or if they were compatible with the SLW hubs. I ordered them before going to bed, and when I woke up, there was a reply saying that they weren't compatible with the SLWs and the included hubs were a bit wide and (in the guy's opinion) too wide for a Wraith. I guess I'll have a really wide Wraith for a while, I shouldn't roll while cornering at speed now.

I also received the regular RTR Wraith body, along with stock lights that I had ordered. I had been looking at two different sellers for the lights and I found out that I had picked the one who didn't include the screws with them. Now I'm waiting on some screws so that I can mount my lights and have all of the body screws, as well as some HPI bushings to replace the pinion bearing going into the axle. I only have about an hour of runtime on it, maybe 30 minutes of that was outside, and the rear bearings are super loose.

Got my wheels mounted up, I don't think they're too bad...especially for under $45 shipped. It would be nice if they were SLW compatible, but they seem to be a decent set of budget/beater wheels.

46678E77-3EF9-4A47-A365-0F67D88AC403_zpsdh74ezfv.jpg

BDF25489-29AB-4192-B09E-99B750945C9A_zpsonfh6w5y.jpg

C0B92F7D-4275-4C30-A3BA-28C6F6213F06_zpso6htgefa.jpg

C08BE870-30B1-4448-8F68-58DC15C7FA32_zps5mhfkach.jpg