Problem............................................................

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So, my brother bought a Vendetta (i mean, how could you not want one?) and the vendetta has a 5000mah 50c minimum for the battery. my brothers battery has 4000mah and about 40c punch. would it be fine to use the 4000mah 40c battery anyways? my brother is kinda broke (i guess it runs in the family lol) he would rather not have to buy a new battery. also, the battery (that my bro has) is a traxxas battery.

Should be fine. Run times will decrease a little. Battery might get a little bit hot from the current pulling from it.

Last edited:
my dad said it might make the BMS (battery management system) shut down the battery....
i still have no idea, i think it will be fine, i just don't want to take any chances.

Traxxas battery should work. Just solder a traxxas plug on the esc, or use a traxxas to IC5/EC5 adapter.

Last edited:
traxxas battery will work. just the battery plug will have to be replaced bms is mute..battery will have some heat not much no worries..gosh IHUI.

Sure it will work, but I recommend change the connector to match esc, adaptors will cause extra resistance, also don't try to gear it up for high speed runs. The battery voltage will drop more the more demand you put on it. So take it somewhat easy check the temps will running often. In the long run it will be harder on the esc if the voltage goes up and down alot, but that happens no matter what the c says due to quality and age of the battery. No c is real on any batteries, some brands just change the label to sell more batteries. The only way to test the maximum output of any battery puts so much stress on the battery, it's usually damaged after and may even burst into flames during maximum load output!

I mean, it will work, but it will cause more heat and resistance, and maybe a problem down the road. It will be alright for getting the car driving, but for long term, solder a new plug on the esc. Or new battery/plug combo overall.

okay. i think we'll go with an adapter. once the battery goes out (like those traxxas ones always do) he will get a battery with a IC5. then he'll most likely change the connecter on his 'Pede to EC5 as well.

Edit: On second thought, go ahead. My brother’s Vorteks & @LosiFan143’s Tenacity TT have the same ESCs (I think), which we run on 500mAh 20C 2S LiPos.

I wonder if anyone ran a vendetta on 6s before 🤔
I need to get me one of these, or some kind of onroad speed basher. I want / need everything, every class, every type of car.

It's far from easy to go 100mph, and at that speed you run out of radio range fast! Over that the cost goes up exponentially per 1 mph extra. Absolutely need the best batteries that you can get to go very fast. There are lots of guys that found the secrets and get crazy speeds, but it just doesn't happen easy. Unless you can drop piles of money with out flinching and if it goes up in smoke the first run your first thought is let's roast some marshmallows. Lol

Back