Newbie Hobby RC 1/10 cars - 1969 camaro drag car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tachdriver

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I'm all new to this sport. So far I,ve bought a blue 1969 Camaro no prep drag car by Losi. I also go two batteries coming and a charger. The charger is

Lipo Battery Charger, 1S-6S RC Car Charger 150W Lipo Charger 10A Balance Charger Fast Charge Discharge Smart Charger​

the batteries are -

HRB 3S 5000mAh Lipo Battery 11.1V 50C RC Lipo Battery with TR Plug​

Is there anything else I need to buy ? Any upgrades ? Adjustments ? I watched a video where the tires rubbed underside of the cover. Do I move the body mount posts up to prevent that ?

Any information or guidance is much appreciated.

later

Hello, I'm all new to this sport. So far I,ve bought a blue 1969 Camaro no prep drag car by Losi. I also go two batteries coming and a charger. The charger is

Lipo Battery Charger, 1S-6S RC Car Charger 150W Lipo Charger 10A Balance Charger Fast Charge Discharge Smart Charger​

the batteries are -

HRB 3S 5000mAh Lipo Battery 11.1V 50C RC Lipo Battery with TR Plug​

Is there anything else I need to buy ? Any upgrades ? Adjustments ? I watched a video where the tires rubbed underside of the cover. Do I move the body mount posts up to prevent that ?

Any information or guidance is much appreciated.

later
Depends how much it rubs. If its just a little some people will just add a little electrical tape so the paint isn't rubbed up. 🏁

why a 3 cell? most 1/10 scale drag racers run 2 cell. and yes you can move body posts up

Ok, thanks for the welcomes. I moved the body posts up one notch and put duct tape under the car where all 4 tires run. I can buy two more 2s batteries also. I read where this car can run 2s or 3s and the 3s is faster. The 2s may be lighter also. What 2s battery is the best to run on this ?

What 2s battery is the best to run on this ?
I also would recommend sticking to 2S for a no prep car. Primarily because that's the standard, but also because 3S is too much for that 6500kV motor IMO. Frankly, I'm shocked they even say it's fine for 3S on their webpage, but I digress...

THESE are good no prep packs, especially for the money.

HERE is a link for the Global warehouse in case someone sees this and isn't in the U.S.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Make sure you charge safely. LiPos aren't that complex but it's more involved than charging a cell phone. There are plenty of posts and YT videos about. I only charge outside myself.

Not a drag racer, but I've seen 2S become the standard as other's mentioned. The quality of the battery matters a lot for high current applications (like drag racing). There are special drag packs that have a parallel configuration. If your serious about it you might want to look into some high end batteries at some point.

They are very expensive. This one (probably overkill at the moment) is 2S5P configuration. Meaning it's 2S voltage and 5 cells in parallel. Parallel configuration means massive amounts of current.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/maclan...0c-lipo-battery-7.6v-8300mah-mcl6024/p1395798
mcl6024.jpg

As for the car setup, it's all about seat time and tuning. If you have other people that you can run with, they might be able to accelerate the process.

I have the same Losi 22s RTR. I had to put tape on my body for the rear tire rub. Also removed the lights, although they look cool, one wreck and you’re going to have wires everywhere. I added a sway bar to mine as well, not sure they are still available. Enjoy it! Traxxas makes a $40 drag light too that I picked up. Once the weather is warm I can’t wait to race it.

Back