Traxxas 1/16th E-Revo FAQ

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where could I find the receiver box for 2.4 mine has the crystal 27 mhz Google been no help I don't wannahave to buy a whole new chassis my other rc are 2.4 so i just need receiver right

All you need to do is to replace the receiver. the box is the same.

except the top with the clear spot for the light on receiver i looking for that piece sorry i failed to mention that

There are 2 reciver boxes for the traxxas 1/16s they both have a clear spot for the light, the difference is one made for clearance of 380 size motors, and the other one is for 540 size motors.

do know where i can locate them please and part number would b great thx

Traxxas 7024 and traxxas 7024x, I believe. Try ebay, or a local hobby store (LHS).

The 7024 comes with the VXL brushless series 1/16s, and the 7024x comes on brushed versions of the traxxas 1/16s

Last edited:
Are the tranny gears in the mini revo metal the brushless one also will it handle 3s okay just bought one I'm ready to make it go fast

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

No the transmission gears in the MERV are plastic, but if you want steel trains gears, I got mine from Hot Racing. Yes you can run 3s on the brushless ESC, I run parallel 3s on my MERV.....mostly for weight distribution.

I've been running 3s on my mERV from day 1 on the stock gears. The driveline is really stout out of the box.

Thanks Alexander bought the steal tranny gears new drive shafts gunna go ahead and try out my 3s lipos in parallel

I did notice one thing with my hot racing trans gears: they eliminate the ability to set your transmission up for under drive.

What driveshafts did you go with? I used the GPM steel swing-shafts, and GPM centre driveshafts. I'll tell you right off the bat they are garbage. Now I'm using the traxxas CVDs.

I have the stock plastic drive shafts would you recommend the traxxas cvds?

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

What?? There is a under drive set up?

I use them cause I was on a mission to toughen up the driveline, turns-out I didn't like how much plastic traxxas uses. You can buy them but I wouldn't worry about changing them till they give out.
There are cheaper mods to strengthen up the stock driveline shafts.

Under drive is when you flip the drive gear for the idler gear, and vice versa in your transmision, normally it's done when your using large tires. Like 100-125mm across or bigger. If your using stock tires it'll make your MERV feel really slow but it will have more torque.

Last edited:
can I do the under drive with these metal tranny.gears

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385360060880.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385360060880.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 303
It look like it can be done, but its hard to tell without holding them, where did you get them.

I bought em on Ebay also what are.some cheaper mods to toughen up the.drivetrain

Using some epoxied all thread to stiffen up the male end of each half shaft < requires the right size all thread. Using stampede u-joints instead of the MERV ones.

I dont really understand how I should do.this any more help?

See post #7 this was done on a crawler but its the same concept for the MERV axles, just be sure to measure for proper fit: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106811

As for the stampede u-joint upgrade all you do is get the stampede u-joints and swap them for the MERV ones. This is done cause the pins are longer on the stampede u-joints, which should make them more resistant to popping out and coming undone.

Last edited:
Back