Traxxas 1/16th E-Revo FAQ

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
E-Revo FAQ

1/16th Mini E-Revo Checklist

Check your diffs - Even though they are supposed to come from the factory filled, more times than not they are not filled. A common setup is 50K in the front, 30K in the rear and 100K in the center.

Check your tires - Many people have found their tires to be poorly glued to the wheels, be sure to check and re-glue if needed.

Install a heatsink - The motor on the mini E-Revo can become very hot. Heat is electronics worst enemy and a heatsink is a very inexpensive way of helping reduce the heat. (see list below for available heatsinks)

Wheelie Bar - Once you charge your batteries it's going to take you all of 1 second to realize the mini e-revo has a ton of power and flipping it at any time is very easy. Wheelie bars will help prevent it from being on it's top - then again throttle control will do the same thing at no cost to your pocket.

Upgrade to 2.4GHz radio - Personally, if you're still running AM radios then you're asking for trouble. A 2.4GHz radio offers little to no interference, you no longer have to worry about crystals, longer range, and even a shorter antenna. Basically any 2.4GHz radio is going to be 10 times better than the stock radio.

Ball bearings - Ball bearings are a good upgrade for ANY RC. They offer less maintenance and longer run times.

Velcro or body clips - A lot of people have given up trying to keep track of their body clips and have used Velcro on the side of the body and battery tray to hold the body on, works perfectly. Or just buy more body clips.

Center Diff - The center differential helps by distributing more balanced power which helps reduce wheelies on acceleration and also improve steering responsiveness.

Heatsinks

Lipo Batteries

Traxxas 1/16th E-Revo battery tray deminsions: 101.9x35.5x20.3mm - so any battery under these measurements will fit inside the battery box.

2 Cell Lipo

ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 2s 7.4v 20C Lipo Pack
Capacity: 2200mAh
Constant discharge: 20C Constant
Voltage: 2s 7.4v
Dimensions: 100x34x17mm
Weight: 123g
Part #: Z22002S20C

Common Sense RC 2200mAh 2s 7.4v 25c Lipo Pack
Capacity: 22000mAh
Constant discharge: 25C Constant
Voltage: 2s 7.4v
Dimensions: 100x32x17mm
Weight: 118g
Part #: 2S2200-25

3 Cell Lipo

Hyperion G3 CX 1600mAh 3s 11.1v 25c Lipo Pack
Capacity: 1600mAh
Voltage: 3s 11.1v
Dimensions: 92x36.5x23.5mm
Weight: 125g
Part #: HP-LG325-1600-3S

Rhino 1550mAh 3S 11.1v 30C Lipo Pack
Capacity: 1550mAh
Constant discharge: 30C Constant
Voltage: 3S 11.1v
Pack size: 91x33x21mm
Weight : 136g
Part #: R1550-30-3

Common Sense RC 1300mAh 3s 11.1v 25c Lipo Pack
Capacity: 13000mAh
Voltage: 3s 11.1v
Dimensions: 70x34x19.5mm
Weight: 106g
Part #: 3S1300-25

Wheelie Bars

that is a pretty cool little write up there....a lot of pretty good info. Most of it is common sense but.....never hurts to be reminded right?

Here are some machined aluminum motor mounts by STRC that offer greater cooling than the stock units. They come in Blue, Red and Silver.

http://www.teamstrc.com/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=44&id=439

http://www.teamstrc.com/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=44&id=442

i got one of those and just installed it last night...went on real easy and they even still have the cutout for the allen key...ran mine today with that and an motor can heatsink with 2 packs in series and it wroked well...i definately endorse that heatsink...

Here are some machined aluminum motor mounts by STRC that offer greater cooling than the stock units. They come in Blue, Red and Silver.

http://www.teamstrc.com/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=44&id=439

http://www.teamstrc.com/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=44&id=442

I have both of them on my mini revo with Artic Silver (cpu paste) between both them and the motor itself. They look good with that blue motor.

strc-heatsink.jpg

I would have it mounted as close to the ground as possible since the goal is to keep the front wheels on the ground.

yeah well i like to show off and do some major wheel stands! :)...i might move it down in ther next day or 2 for some fun..i'm not racng it so no need to have all 4 wheels down much :)

Not sure how the wheel on the Hopper is attached, but it looks to me like you could get another wheel and mount one on each side of the bar instead of a single one in the middle.

This would help with the seesaw effect you referred to.

www.TheToyz.com (who I would recommend checking out) also has wheelie bars for the mini-revo and it does have two wheels on it. Black Adjustable Wheelie Bar

I've added Wheelie Bars to the first post as well. If you guys have anything else that should be added please post it and I'll add it to the first and second post of the thread. Some of this stuff may seem simple but for those that don't know this is a great way to learn.

Another way to keep the mERV shiny side up is to install the center diff. i know I sound like a broken record, but it works for me.

Is the integy heatsink with a cooling fan good

The fan doesn't last very long at all and the heatsink itself is very bendable and will flex and fall off at a key moment. I tried one on my RC-18r and lost it during a hot lap and ripped the RX off of its servo tape. Friends don't let friends buy Integy.

Back