New Losi Lmt roller - new body completed!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

DESTROYER OF RC PLASTIC PARTS!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Picked it up today while Horizon was having some crazy sales. Proline 1973 Ford Bronco body and starting with some old Arrma electronics to get started. 3200kv and a 150a esc. I'll consider newer sensored stuff once I get going. Need a 25t servo saver, but I'll likely "borrow" one from one of my 3s Arrmas for now.
20220418_115620-01.jpeg

Going to be a great looking rig and looking forward to seeing her finished.

That is one of my favorites. Check into doing 4 wheel steer. Really helps it out for running with sc trucks.

That is one of my favorites. Check into doing 4 wheel steer. Really helps it out for running with sc trucks.
I'll get it going and see how much time I spend with it. Mods are still a long way off with my bundle of other projects on the go.

Oh nice! Those are definitely needed. I have seen lots of axle breakage comments on the LMT.

Oh nice! Those are definitely needed. I have seen lots of axle breakage comments on the LMT.
Did a bit of research and found that these are the only aftermarket reinforcements available. I'm sure I'll upgrade eventually but at $160 US each front and and back for just new metal housings, I think this is a good investment.
And the body's ready for paint
20220419_205812-01.jpeg

Did a bit of research and found that these are the only aftermarket reinforcements available. I'm sure I'll upgrade eventually but at $160 US each front and and back for just new metal housings, I think this is a good investment.
And the body's ready for paintView attachment 145607
There are metal inserts you can buy for the axle housings. I saw them on ebay when I was looking at buying the LMT. They're like a sleeve that slides into the axle tube.

I'm sure I'll upgrade eventually but at $160 US each front and and back for just new metal housings
The Treal axles are spendy no doubt but after you take the plunge they make it damn near bombproof! I can do full sends now without worry. 😈
You definitely need limiting straps with those heavy axles tho.

Little work on the inside while the body's being painted. Driver and seat with some color and the exhaust is more realistic. Also switched the sides for the exhaust. Pointing back now instead of the stock forward positioning
20220422_011432-01.jpeg

Took me a second to find the exhausts, a whole lot going on in this picture. o_O:thumbs-up:
The position of them is odd and originally, they pointed forward on the truck. Figured they'd be better pointing back so the driver doesn't suffocate 😵😂

The position of them is odd and originally, they pointed forward on the truck. Figured they'd be better pointing back so the driver doesn't suffocate 😵😂
It's normal for them to be pointing forward on the monster jam trucks. They run methanol. Who doesn't like to breath methanol? 😆
Screenshot_20220422-161149_Chrome.jpg

Back