New crawler stand in the making.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Decided to make a stand for my new Ecto.
Started out with some scrap acrylic I had, to build the framework. Of course, I forgot to take a picture before I started.

Next up, found a thin sheet of foam (left over packing material- I'm a pack rat) cut it into little brick shapes.
PSX_20211002_175532.jpg
PSX_20211002_175718.jpg

Wasn't to worried about perfection later on they will be given the stone treatment.

From here, the foam bricks were glued onto the acrylic form with Aileen's tacky glue.
PSX_20211002_180950.jpg

Once again, not shooting for perfection, just something a little more interesting to rest my Crawler on when it's not in use.
PSX_20211002_181122.jpg

The next step will be painting the base coat. That will have to wait until tomorrow ;)

Ok, here it is with the first coat of paint. I used Rustoleum stone texture.
PSX_20211003_100741.jpg

Of course it has to be hobby cat approved.
PSX_20211003_100836.jpg

And with the Ecto sitting on it for scale.
PSX_20211003_100932.jpg

Still have some work to do to it, needs a base, some weathering and washes to break up the monotone color a bit, and a foam pad on top to rest the truck on so it doesn't slide.

Ok, here it is with the first coat of paint. I used Rustoleum stone texture.
View attachment 134289

Of course it has to be hobby cat approved.
View attachment 134290

And with the Ecto sitting on it for scale.
View attachment 134291

Still have some work to do to it, needs a base, some weathering and washes to break up the monotone color a bit, and a foam pad on top to rest the truck on so it doesn't slide.
That's awesome man. Love it . The Eco will look sweet sitting up there once finished. Well done sir 👍 👍

Back