LST2 BL conversion Build (First time posting a build)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm cool! If I ever trash one of my regular diffs I'll definitely get these!!

YAY got the parts

Well I finally have all the bearings, shims, o rings, screws, shock oil, diff fluid, and some spare parts to finish building the roller. Today I went through the tranny, cleaned it all up and replaced the bearings. Either later tonight or tomorrow I should have the front and rear end bearings replaced. I am not sure whether or not I will get to the diffs this week, but I will try. Once its all rebuilt I'll take pics of everything clean and apart, then some pics of the assembly.

After that I need to finish my savage xl diff rebuild(just changing the fluid), and get it put back together.

Hopefully if my money situation is right next month I will be able to pick up the motor mount and 1 esc mount from tdracing.

Well Its about time for a small update. I purchased a few things, and am working on some interesting trades.

Got a FlySky GT3b and sent it out to get modded
Got 2 255oz digital metal gear servos for steering
purchased a CC 10A BEC and the Castle Link USB programmer.
Bought the outdrive cups for the transmission.
Also changed the diffs into their new HD cases, and added 7k in the rear and 5k in the front.

through another forum I found a person who does custom wire coiling. He is going to make me a set of 7.1 lb springs for my lst2 shocks and a set of savage springs. he is using 17-7 stainless steel. His prices are low. After I do a deal and everything works ok If anyone wants his information for custom springs let me know. I will be sure to post pics. He said he cannot color the springs and that they will be a dark bronze color. Anyone have a good idea on how to paint them? On a side note he is currently working on making triple rate springs.

If his don't work out for you, RC Raven has some nice sets at decent prices.

I like the raven springs I will get some I just figured I test these out, since they are cheap, and from the pics I've seen, well done.

Yea man, it's also good to support the little guys.

Well I was finishing up the servo setup, and I notice one of the bell cranks is cracked. It was so small I had overlooked it when I was going through all the parts for the build. So I'm putting off pics AGAIN, there is no point in putting it all together ATM. I should be able to order the part in a week or so. Sorta frustrated with it ATM tbh.

Well finally put some pics up of the roller assembled, I know its missing screws, I just put it together to take some pics, I have to take it apart for mounting the motor mounts and etc. no sense in putting in all the screws. the pics are in the first post that I've been updating, and post 9 has alist of what I've purchased to get to this point.

Pics of BL build alpha test 1

I have all the components on the chassis installed and ready to go. Only thing left is the soldering and final mounting. Once I test this I will make any adjustments needed, and then put on my hard anno team LOSI upper plates and main chassis plate.

here are the pics of how she sits atm

CIMG0132.jpg

CIMG0127.jpg

CIMG0125.jpg

I dont know why the rig looks like its leaning, but its not i think it was just my camera angle. ( I suck at multimedia.)

doesn't look like its leaning to me...looks good. can't wait till you get to bash er!

@greywolf74

maybe its my eyes that are crooked today lol.. really tired, pulled 12 hour night last night didnt get home till 3:30 my help at work was drinking on the job and got sent home.

I am going to bring it to my LHS tomorrow hopefully they have have everything finished by thursday before I goto work and I can test drive it behind their store. If it works out like that I will make sure to have one of their guys take some vid. Honestly some of them are just as anxious to see it run as I am. Many of them are castle ppl and have never used a tekin. when I told them about the things hotwire can do that castle doesn't have it sort of peaked their interest. there is one younger kid there who has tekin on his buggy, buy hes only there a few days a week. I told them about your setup with the 34t pinion, and told them I am going to run the same.

I wanted to ask you do you have the hotwire module, and what settings do you use? can you expoirt them for me? or fill out a config sheet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me your email and Ill send my config file but I'm still tweaking it.

brought in the LST2 to my LHS.. the owner's reaction was priceless. he said holy s**t that thing is going to be bad ass... ;)

Last edited:
LOL Yeah it definitely is badass! Config file sent. Sorry for the delay, I got busy and forgot about it.

@greywolf74 thanks for the config file I'm going to use it as my base for my setup.
@MudSlinger33 I will video its first run, but I'm not going to run it too hard. I really want to, but I'm gonna (try to) resist the urge to pull that trigger lol.

can't wait to see it in action! Check out the Video section of the forums. I'm gonna put my newest vid up which starts out with some bashing footage of my XXL and then switches to my LST2-E :)

Well I was in town, and decided to pay a visit to my LHS. Everything is soldered and ready to go, but my new servo arms haven't arrived and with all the holiday shopping and etc its not due in until the middle of next week. The tech and I had a little argument over the ability to run the 34T pinion without over heating the motor. I referenced him to Greywolf74 new running video. I will say he is extremely knowledgeable and does great work. So I am going to run the 29t for one pack and check my temps, then decide on the 34t.

@greywolf74 I know you run the same setup often, but before you start the actual bash video, can you do just a small take of whats under the hood? because when I showed your video, it didnt show pinion size or anything, and it was sorta hard to convince him of what your running.

I'll see what I can do. It gets dark around here really early this time of the year but I'll try to go out and get some footage of the gears before running it and then I'll take motor temps every 5 minutes to see how it does. I will say this though, I could end up being mistaken here as most of the times I've had it out I break it before I get through a whole pack. Half of those times I break it within 10 minutes cuz the thing is just stupid powerful. Most of the times I've had it out including the 2 running videos I have are with the 29T pinion not the 34T but from what I've seen the 29T doesn't even make the motor sweat so I'm confident in saying that it will push the 34T for the whole pack. I'm pretty sure my video will reflect that but I just wanted to throw that out there incase in the long run over the course of an entire pack it proves me wrong.

Back