Slash 4x4 BL-2s Rear end sag.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatkins245

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all just a new RC truck driver and I have a question. Just got the Slash 4x4 BL-2s truck and when I put the NiHM 5000mah battery in the truck the back end sags down so that the rear fenders covers the tops of the rear tires. Is the normal? When I put in a NiHM 3000 MAH battery it does the same thing just not as bad. When the truck has no battery in it the truck sits at he right height in the rear. Is there a way to correct the sag at the rear end so the tires are below the fenders and not having the tops of the rear tires covered?

Thanks for your help.

You can buy the spacers for the preload on the springs. It is completely normal for the rear-end to squat though.

Totally normal.
The truck should have came with preload clips or shock spacers from the factory
You can use those to add more preload to the springs which makes the car more springy and adds initial ride height.
What Id do is use 1 thick spacer on each of the rear shocks. Should make it balance out to the front. If its too much use the medium sized one. The thin spacers really don't do much.

I have collected a TON of these within the past 2 years of buying parts for my Rusty and Slash 2WD

On my slash 2WD, since all of the weight is in the rear, I usually do 1 thick preload spacer on each of the rear shocks, or sometimes more spacers for it to even out to the front, but for the 4WD, most of the weight is in the center and is (almost) evenly distributed front and rear so sag is not as much as an issue for 4WD compared to 2WD.

It probably sags more with the 5000mah battery as that battery is 1, bigger, 2 holds more juice, and 3 is probably more heavier than the 3000mah one.

These are what they look like
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-3769-Spring-Preload-Spacers/dp/B0006MZL3S/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1PCUIKC1YO8VJ&keywords=traxxas+spring+spacers&qid=1704153948&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=traxxas+spring+spacers,toys-and-games,102&sr=1-2

618Kd1JWMSL._AC_SX679_.jpg

(Note: Every Traxxas 10th scale car that has the Grey plastic Ultra shocks or Black aluminum Big Bore shocks should come with 2 or more parts trees of preload spacers.

Last edited:
1704197310866.png

1704197363378.png

A great ride height starting point (front/rear) for general use is "bones level" where the driveshafts are level with the ground. This setup should give the suspension close to equal up/down movement. Adjust to your driving style, and terrain. Set ride height with battery onboard & body on.

1704196908138.png

Back