Traxxas Nitro 4 TEC 2.5 restoration and build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
I have decided to post a build thread on my newly acquired Traxxas Nitro 4 TEC 2.5. When I got it, it didn't have an engine, engine mounts, brake cam, center belt, or steering servo mounts. Also no servos. So far, I have purchased the brake cam, center belt, and servo mounts. The brake cam should be arriving sometime this week and the rest of the stuff, says by March 18th. I will post some pics of the car when I get home around 7 PST (Pacific Standard Time). Still looking for recommendations for nitro engines. I was looking at the Dynamite .19t drop-in engine replacement for the Traxxas cars. Any suggestions are welcome!

Like I said. You should go with a Traxxas 2.5 off Jenny’s rc. Then after you feel the need for mo powa, you can upgrade. Maybe find a way to run a 3.3?
I have driven this car before with a 2.5 and it was slow. I'll try a 3.3. I'll get an O.S. carb too.

ALX 96 brutale vote #1

Its more expensive than the xmaxx. Woah
Screenshot 2024-03-12 2.18.13 PM.png

We will wait another decade to get pictures.