Element Ecto build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the body mount figured out, made a little kydex bridge between the front shock mounts with magnetic mounts. Wanted a little more holding it in place so I put a little velcro on the gearbox cover and on the inside back of the cab, fits just right.😎

1000005737.jpg
1000005738.jpg
1000005739.jpg
1000005740.jpg

Decided to start over and cut a thicker kydex flatbed. Ordered some scale accessories, a chain with towing hooks and aluminum traction boards. Have the spare tire just sitting for now, will decide how I want to mount it when I put the accessories in place.Supposed to be here tomorrow, want this thing ready to crawl Saturday!

1000005796.jpg

Decided to go a different route, spare tire is 4 ounces so left it off, wanted to keep the weight lower. Put some aluminum traction boards and made a tow rack with chains/hooks. Really like the look, want to add a touch of weathering to the chains and flatbed/chassis with my Vallejo acrylics.

1000005798.jpg
1000005801.jpg

Ready for action this weekend! Did some light weathering with acrylics today and at the last minute decided to use half the stock roll cage attached to the back of the cab. Looking forward to seeing it in action!

1000005829.jpg
1000005828.jpg

1000005833.jpg

Nice touch with the cage peice. Looks great, sounds like someone is going to have fun.

I woke up early this morning 4:15 to the sound of rain. So it's gonna have to be indoor crawling for me today.

Very happy with the way this thing crawls, don't think I'm going to make any big changes now. I'll try the higher overdrive gear at some point, other than that just minor tweaks here and there. Right now this thing is very capable, here's a video crawling on the rocks by a waterfall last weekend:

Its great, I had heard about this place before but didn't finally go try it until a few weeks ago. Its a little over a 30 minute drive, I've gone 4 weeks in a row now. :cool:

I would spend a lot of time there too! 😍 Ecto is dialed, now you just get to enjoy it. :thumbs-up:

Very happy with the way this thing crawls, don't think I'm going to make any big changes now. I'll try the higher overdrive gear at some point, other than that just minor tweaks here and there. Right now this thing is very capable, here's a video crawling on the rocks by a waterfall last weekend:

Man that's a beautiful spot
And your ecto looks right at home in it that's so dope

Back