Kyosho Dx crank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitromax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I need to pick some brains, many years ago I was having great fun when I lost throttle control of the car, Kyosho Inferno DX fitted with a GS21 engine, it decided to attack a stone bus shelter and after hitting it at full tilt, bouncing back about 8ft and deciding to have another go at the bus shelter, it lost and died, culminating in a snapped crank. I ordered a new one but the new one was a modified version with a different thread for the clutch / flywheel, despite searching hi and low, I could not find a correct replacement and the car was put in the loft and forgotten. Fast forward many years and I eventually tracked a correct replacement from Germany. The problem I have is determining if there is a correct dimension for the crank end float, the original schematic shows two shims fitted, part no 6520 - 10., but does not give the thickness of the shim or an end float clearance.. so wondering if any one can advise, thanks
Photos for reference

Attachments

• 20211218_185503.jpg
    20211218_185503.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211218_184933.jpg
    20211218_184933.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 36
Welcome to RCTalk and thanks for joining! This sounds like a job for Nitro Ninja! @cbaker65

If you're new to the RC hobby, we have several very active threads here on RCTalk that could be especially of some help for you to making your start into the hobby much more enjoyable and easier!

Even if you're not new, we would still love to hear your feedback on the tools and electronics you are using in the above threads!

Quick Forum Tips

If you do the social media thing, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Premium Membership

Military roll call: Active Duty | Veterans
Have RC News?
Email us here.
Become a Forum Sponsor | Support RCTalk

Welcome to RCT bud. So it looks like kyosho shims are from a
.15 - .2 Amain has a lot of options. I would get a shim set. And try them to find the one you need. Or message the guy that has them on ebay and ask if he could messure the one just to make sure it's the one your looking for. Sometimes the person will do that or will just know. I've done it before.. there a couple of that shim here in the states. Can you messure your crank it might be the 8x12x.2mm shim? Here what is found at amain. Let us know if you need any more help 👍👍

https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?cID=&s=kyosho+shims+gs21

Back