What method do you use to clean your RC?

• Thread starter IdriveSlideways
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdriveSlideways

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I always go over my buggy with compressed air after every run. I was just curious what methods you all use to keep your vehicles clean. I like to use air because its chemical free and usually gets the job done effectively and efficiently.

Last edited:
You are supposed to clean them??

Seriously, cover the electronics, I have my receiver and servos in balloons, hose it down(cover the air filter), blow it dry with compressed air. Of course, if you have waterproof servos, you will be fine.

Avoid soaking the bearings if possible.

Seriously, cover the electronics, I have my receiver and servos in balloons, hose it down(cover the air filter), blow it dry with compressed air. Of course, if you have waterproof servos, you will be fine.

Lol...that's what I do ,eccept with my Mgt. ,I'm able to pull the whole radio gear module off!...:p

Compressed air as needed and regular maintenance on the air filter.

At the end of the run day, I use a spray bottle of Simply Green and drench the rig. I then rinse it and blow it dry with compressed air on my nitro rigs. Just use compressed air on the electrics...

Also protect the battery packs, mine are in balloons as well. Also wrapped in electrical tape on the ends to protect from wear(tip picked up here)

I blow it out with compressed air when I take it in for the day. Every quart, I like to remove the engine and electronics, spray it down with the hose, dry it with compressed air, and then give it a good look over before I throw all the electronics and engine back in.

Sadly, she's better at it than I'll ever be... I've seen the pics! :hehe:

You mean this one:
OMG.jpg

Lol! Actually, I was talking about Rolex's truck... That thing is CLEAN! But after seeing that pic, I'm guessing she just scares the dirt off!

I use a 50/50 mixture of water and Simple Green in a spray bottle. Let sit for a few seconds then wipe off with rag. Hard to reach and stubborn areas are easier to clean with an old toothbrush.

I've also used the CowRC cleaning spray that works nicely as well.

I do the same.

Compressed air works well on both ground and air vehicles. You wouldn't think you would need to blow out Aircraft, but on the rare occasion your landing gear doesn't want to cooperate and you need to belly land like my FMS 1450mm Mustang, it comes in handy. :eek:

IMG_20161210_090500657.jpg

Shake out any lose debris, run under faucet using lukewarm water, towel pat dry, wd-40 the shiny parts, fan dry overnight... For the body, a sponge bath with some soapy water, rinse, towel and/or air dry... đźš°
carwashrs.jpg

Back