Just got my savage 2 tanks of break-in and have a few questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok first off i love it shoulda gotten it instead of the MAXX in the first place

Now my questions:

1. My most concerning question is that my back wheels have some side to side play in them is this normal for the savage because i know its not for the MAXX??

2. Whats with the left handed thread on the hubs on the left side? I went to tighten the wheels to make sure that wasn't my prob in the rear and on the left it came loose and i was like WTF. LOL

3. What with the wobily fuel tank is there supposed to be some kind of support other than the 2 cotter pin things or is there somthing I'm missing?

4. I have a team orion rechargable hump pack and thye end to that doesn't fit the end to the switch so for now untill i figure out hwat I'm going to do I'm just plugging and unplugging it from the RX but what do you guys do just buy a new switch?? If so what would be the right one on tower (LINKY)??

Thanx a whole bunch.

the stock rims suck big time when you put sme good power to them they will strip,i made an adapter to fit my deans plugs i just soldered them on,the tank is shakey its a madev that way so its easily removed some make a soilid mount with a ofna tank good luch on the truck your going to love it...

alright thanks alot.

So your saying dont worry about the side to side movment on the wheels??

Question 1:
-- Is the side-to-side coming from the sidewall of the tire? B/c the stock sidewalls & inner foam is very soft & weak. If so then I wouldn't worry about it. If the wobble is coming from the hex behind the wheel, then that is another issue. It sounds like you don't have a good fit. If you haven't run w/ them yet, I would recommend selling them & getting yourself another set of tires/wheels. If you run w/ them & they are wobbly, you probably will end up stripping them pretty fast.

Q2:
--- The threads are designed to help keep the lock nuts on the driveshaft. If you look at the T-Maxx, it has a problem w/ the lock nuts coming loose. HPI's theory was to make the nuts all turn in the same direction as the wheels when the truck is going forward. Thus, when the truck goes forward, it is applying pressure to help keep the lock nuts on.

Q3:
--- Yeah, the tank is wobbly. Here is what I did to help tighten up the fit. Take the fuel tank off. Take off the 2 small o-rings & place them to the side. Now cut a 2 small pieces of fuel tubing (about 1cm-2cm long). Then place them on the posts where you removed the o-rings. Now simply place the tank back on the posts & lock it in w/ the clips.

---Second thing to do is to find some type of cushion to place behind the fuel tank. You want to place it right on the big back wall of the fuel tank where it rubs against the outside of the TVP. You can use several things to do this. You can find several things to use as your cushion. You can use: foam weather stripping, foam body posts mounts, felt pad, you can even cut an old sponge & put some CA glue on it to stick it to the tank.

Q4:
---What type of plug do you have on the end of the hump pack? I would assume it is a futaba or hitec style plug. Anyway, you can buy a new switch ($7-$9) or get a futaba-to-bec connector ($4.50).

Here is a link:
http://www.carttonic.com/catalog/in...tinfo&uid=466&pi_id=119977&clist=0,9833,11298

Later....:mex:

hey DL thanks alot for the reply

i have run the rims for 5 tanks ill just runn em untill they strip out i guess no biggy. Ill try that thing with the tank tomorrow, and for the plug i belive its a futuba style but when i was cleaning out all of my MAXX stuff out of my tool box at the very bottom i happened to find a converter wire that goes from one to the other. (didnt even know it was in there LOL) i should start looking through my toolbox more often

Back