It's Time - Getting Out of RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Guys, I feel kinda sad. It has been a long run, with lots of builds and lots of fun, but I am getting out of RC. Old age is catching up with me quickly, and I just don't have the time or energy to really mess with it anymore. I have like 5 or 6 unfinished projects, and I am already making plans to start more. I just gotta quit while I'm ahead, and this hobby just feeds my compulsive behavior. And to top it off, my kiddo doesn't even seem interested anymore. I'll still hang out here, as I have made some really good friends here, but probably not as much.

If anyone is interested, I'll be putting a bunch of stuff up here for sale over the next couple weeks.

It may be April, but we ain't no fools! 🤣
Doom, you so smart!!! I figured since he was in his 80s that it was true!! Bwhahaha!!! 😜😂😂

My niece came over today with a small pan covered in tin foil. She said she made brownies. We were all excited and when opened, it said "April Fool's!" and had a bunch of letter "E"s on paper colored brown. 😂 Darn kids!! Now I want brownies!!

She did bring a baggie of cookies, but afraid she put ex-lax or something in em! 😂

Doom, you so smart!!! I figured since he was in his 80s that it was true!! Bwhahaha!!! 😜😂😂

My niece came over today with a small pan covered in tin foil. She said she made brownies. We were all excited and when opened, it said "April Fool's!" and had a bunch of letter "E"s on paper colored brown. 😂 Darn kids!! Now I want brownies!!

She did bring a baggie of cookies, but afraid she put ex-lax or something in em! 😂

That's funny because last night I told Mrs Doom we need to make some brownies this weekend. 🤣

My son fell for me saying that theres a tiger in the yard. Crazy kid! 🤣

Guys, I feel kinda sad. It has been a long run, with lots of builds and lots of fun, but I am getting out of RC. Old age is catching up with me quickly, and I just don't have the time or energy to really mess with it anymore. I have like 5 or 6 unfinished projects, and I am already making plans to start more. I just gotta quit while I'm ahead, and this hobby just feeds my compulsive behavior. And to top it off, my kiddo doesn't even seem interested anymore. I'll still hang out here, as I have made some really good friends here, but probably not as much.

If anyone is interested, I'll be putting a bunch of stuff up here for sale over the next couple weeks.
You had me going… Totally forgot about April fools! 😜

@Doom! - you suck! 😜

I had about 3 replies planned out to run this story til I dropped the big April Fools on y'all. I was even on the phone earlier, and I told Grey that Doom was probably gonna call me out on it. Oh well. I thought I would try.

Breydon actually got me earlier with this one...
Screenshot_20230401-154216_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
That was the deal breaker! 🙃
I have the new trans housing, and a shiney new chassis for it. I hope to tear it all apart some day and go through it. Maybe slap a new engine in it while I'm at it. But that may be years before I get to it.

@WickedFog Sorry about the spoiler, I might have believed you if you said this in July and then said April Fools! 🤣
It's all good bro. I didn't expect it to make it very far before someone called me on it 😉

I have the new trans housing, and a shiney new chassis for it. I hope to tear it all apart some day and go through it. Maybe slap a new engine in it while I'm at it. But that may be years before I get to it.
What motor you got planned?