How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday it was 55°F and the lawn was sprouting greens. Right now......
Screenshot_20240115-084923_Weather.jpg

Finally
Haven't seen snow in ages

It was a surprise I thought it wouldn't be til later tonight
Looks like some snow flurries all day and into the night
Hopefully a day off school tomorrow
But they always make the decision last minute so we will see.
And here we go again with that mysterious green blob 🤣

Sidewalk is cleared, street is not. Idk I just woke up
PXL_20240115_135232106~2.jpg

PXL_20240115_135817620.MP~2.jpg

Last edited:
30degF here with light freezing rain and ice fog. Nasty day. Snow on the way. . . for Houston!

6-10AM energy conserve request this morning because of a weak power grid. Took advantage of it to shut down all the electrics in the house (except the furnace, of course). Ran a full-on home-brew base operations exercise (BaseOpsEx).

Took our internet gateway off-line and powered all the electronics down. Emergency radio AM/FM/Weather and Ham 2meter band monitoring. Battery lanterns. Inventoried and tested the emergency kit and caboodle. Everything except powering up the RC LiPo charger off the truck battery. Too bleepin cold for that.

Good to go for the inevitable power outage. Got the sleeping bags out of closet storage just in case.

Lately it'll snow overnight, but during the day the rain melts it away lol. I'm not complaining though. Today is actually pretty nice and sunny out, but still cold.

30degF here with light freezing rain and ice fog. Nasty day. Snow on the way. . . for Houston!

6-10AM energy conserve request this morning because of a weak power grid. Took advantage of it to shut down all the electrics in the house (except the furnace, of course). Ran a full-on home-brew base operations exercise (BaseOpsEx).

Took our internet gateway off-line and powered all the electronics down. Emergency radio AM/FM/Weather and Ham 2meter band monitoring. Battery lanterns. Inventoried and tested the emergency kit and caboodle. Everything except powering up the RC LiPo charger off the truck battery. Too bleepin cold for that.

Good to go for the inevitable power outage. Got the sleeping bags out of closet storage just in case.
Good to hear you're prepared and taking action to keep yourself and family safe. What frequency are you monitoring on 2metets? I'm a ham and do ARES here in N Colorado. K0PMO

Good to hear you're prepared and taking action to keep yourself and family safe. What frequency are you monitoring on 2metets? I'm a ham and do ARES here in N Colorado. K0PMO
VHF 2m 146.915 active here. Haven't done a dedicated search beyond the one freq I found. What is active your loc.? Is there an FCC or Ham national recommended emergency opns 2m freq I should monitor?

Ham operators were (and still are apparently) a good source of emergency info.

[former] KN0VNC/K0VNC 6meter here. 1960s. Still know and practice Morse code from time to time to keep sharp. Never know when it might come in handy.

VHF 2m 146.915 active here. Haven't done a dedicated search beyond the one freq I found. What is active your loc.? Is there an FCC or Ham national recommended emergency opns 2m freq I should monitor?

Ham operators were (and still are apparently) a good source of emergency info.

[former] KN0VNC/K0VNC 6meter here. 1960s. Still know and practice Morse code from time to time to keep sharp. Never know when it might come in handy.
Local repeaters are best I've found. With most of the repeaters up in the mountains I can hit from Denver to Cheyenne Wyoming most of the time. Check in and let them know you're montering. You could also check the net for ARES repeaters in your area. The magic ban is always fun when it's open. Still -5 here at the house right now. Good day for grill cheese and tomato soup for lunch.

Back