hobby shops

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upfront payment 20%

well i bought me some 30% sidewinder $28 today from my lhs. oh well i'm moving back home next week.which has a grt-8 lhs but it's 1 1/2 hrs.oh and i told the lhs here that i wanted to order a xo-1 blue $1,200.hehehe....wonder how long he'll sit on that.if it ever comes.

Hi EXTREME1,
That's why my LHS requests a minimum 20% deposit for any higher priced special orders.
But they usually have a Traxxas XO-1 in store, for any one who wants to drop that heavy weight coin, on an electric speed demon.
Ah, especially when you consider, one could build-up a car for half the money, & it will look better and go just as fast. (Nissan 350)
Too bad they only make one body style for the XO-1...

Chas

Last edited:
So because you don't like your LHS because they, as a business, have a right to charge whatever they want for any product they sell, you decide to order a product that cost them a ton of money that they will have to sit on for a long period of time? Thats pretty frickin retarded, douchebag.

I second alpinehyperlite's :2cents:
Thats a :loser: move right there if I've ever heard of one.

Hi,
We all have our own personal experiences, feelings and opinions, But the douchebag comment was uncalled for.
That's something that just shouldn't be voiced, personal verbal assault.

Sorry, but yeah, NO! Fair is Fair bud.

Chas

Hi,
We all have our own personal experiences, feelings and opinions, But the douchebag comment was uncalled for.
That's something that just shouldn't be voiced, personal verbal assault.

Sorry, but yeah, NO! Fair is Fair bud.

Chas

I call it how it is. Its stuff like what he did that makes LHS need to raise their prices so much. They have expensive stuff sitting on the shelf that they had to purchase, and hold onto, with no profit coming from it. Its not a personal opinion what I said, its a fact. Calling someone out on their BS is not an attack, its informing. And it looks like more people agree with me than him.......

Hi,
Hobby shops also have 30 days to return unused unopened stock with no fault, and or the ability to shelve and sell the Traxxas if they so choose to.
It's not like they are "out" the money. He didn't steal the unit.
I doubt, with the shop discount they have already, that they are losing much but a little time between sales.
Anybody who buys that $1100 Traxxas is lame anyway, in my opinion. Is that ok?
Please know, I don't condone or disapprove what he said to have done.
But please refrain from name calling in your disapproval explanation. Or PM the personal attack. Feel how ever you wish, but please express it without playground attitude is all I'm asking ok? Smile
If you like, PM me and we can discuss this off the Forum, unpublic.
I have no ill will or negativity towards you, please know this as well, ok?

Sincerely

Chas

Right..... so you have been here for around 3 months, and are going to tell me how to talk? Dont play king of the internet, princess. It never works.You arent involved at all and your just trying to thrust your self into the conversation. Your not a mod, nor even a supporting member, so quit acting like a mod. I dont take things to PM, as pretty much everyone who has been on here for a decent period of time knows, I say what i mean in public. I dont hide behind the curtain.

Last edited:
Hi,
Yeah, but I'm also 59 years old, and have already had my foolish arguements and differences of opinions with strangers on forums means little. To Me anyway.
I don't have anything against you personally, but, if you feel so compelled, you may feel negative towards me too. Just doesn't change anything.
So you have been here a while, so? What's your point?
By the way, I entered this thread three posts above yours pal! Wtf?

Chas

Just because you posted in the thread first, you jumped into a conversation that didnt involve you.

So you are in a shite mood, you're going to attack my reputation too.
The conversation is and was about shady or rude RC business practice, not your thread count here, or your proven negatory attitude towards certain forum members.

If you don't have anything nice to say, mind you manners sonny!

pm sent, hahaha!! Smile

Chas

Last edited:
hey guys were are not hear to bash each other... this post has gotten way off topic...

Maybe the name usage was unnecessary but if he ordered the high dollar car with no intent of buying it then it was a dumb thing to do. Prices at your LHS are largely determined by overhead cost,and that kind of stuff will only raise prices.

ChasCS, no most hobby items can only be sent back if the LHS pays a restocking fee,again that raises cost to buyers on the other items sold.

With any store prices,if you don't like it you can ask for a discount or shop else where. I have had several items marked down for asking nicely.

Last edited:
Poor Sportmanship

Hi Racer,
Greetings and salutations. Well, yeah, this thread got shot to shite, but that doesn't mean it can't be roped and riden to satisfaction, or wrapped with a pretty pink bow and tucked under the old spruce tree.

My LHS, atleast the one I frequent, has a 20% deposit on special orders, exactly for what was previously mentioned, a restocking fee. But you and I both know that any shop can keep that 20% and simply place the item on the shelf, it just goes into stock, and that deposit now has become pure 100% profit.

So all this griping about the poor LHS becomes dribble.

Yeah, profit, but business' is there also to provide great service to it's loyal "hard working"customers, me. My money don't grow on trees fellas. And neither do the spare replacement parts and models we all love to fantasize over and make dreams become reality and eventually make purchase. So we in reality, need each other to reach our RC goals.

I think that now winter has entered back into our rich lives, and many of us are mostly feeling the cold turkey (Happy Thanksgiving USA) of not being able to run our cars and trucks. Yeah kids, I too feel the great loss. Nothing to get angry about and start to fight amongst ourselves out of simple boredom.
I'm appologizing publicly for any thing that was said out of anger or frustration in this thread. Perhaps this thread shoulda coulda been closed before it got all hot and bothered mentally.
Personally, quite honestly and bluntly, I really don't have the precious time to waste squabbling with a few degenerates who are selfishly motivated (thread counters who have an agenda), when there are literally thousands of nice friendly and knowledgeable-helpful unselfish people here who are genuine and happy to be sharing valuable info. That's what grows and strengthens this fantastic hobby/RC sport. You want to fight and pretend your tough, go to an MMA gym and see where your actual strengths and weakness are, then you'll know what to work on and develop. That goes for your manners too. Any punks and pukes who want to come knocking on my door, I'm in the book ok ?
But leave my Forum visits to be peacefull and relaxing adventure. If I want pointless dissagreements, I'll call a family member. Smile
Alrighty then, go-go away-away, OK-dokee, don't bother me,.

That was easy...

Chas

Man my LHS just lost my buisness permanently.. 1 out of my 4 parts come in. The piston and cyl. they had quoted me $70 when i went to pick it up they had it priced at $90 when i asked what the price difference from what i was quoted all i got was the run around. took the part and left. sent a email telling them to cancel the rest of my order especially since it has taken a month so far and still not eta when they are going to arrive. told them i will no longer shop their even for fuel..

on a side note.. the piston and sleeve i did not even need... i just ordered it just to make sure i had all the parts when i sealed the engine.. comp[ared the pinch on the new and old and they are pretty close so don't need to change it

Last edited:
It sucks and really is hard to comprehend why so many LHS are not consumer friendly after the initial sale. The parts side of it is low profit but still............ anyway,If I had the coin there would be a great shop in Jo-Mo!

Low profit. Hehe. I seem their cost on it when they ordered it. Cost was $49 and I know they get free shipping on their orders over a certain $ amound. That's a pretty good profit. Hehe

Part$

The LHS makes the bulk of its maximum profits from the multiple lost and broken/upgraded parts and replacement pieces we buy, on a continual basis.
& not actually from the high priced kits. I'm told.

Chas

Back