hobby shops

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Wouldent really care about paying a bit more. My local shops rc section is a little 6 foot wide section crammed full of crap it's not even all rc. I'm used to my lhs from my old town. Nice size store and 100% rc nothing else and the service was great did not matter if u were buying a $1 part or a $1000 car you were treated like gold

I'm used to my lhs from my old town. Nice size store and 100% rc nothing else and the service was great did not matter if u were buying a $1 part or a $1000 car you were treated like gold
Ah yes, those were he good old days. But we are living in the WalMart era now. Where everything is perfectly planned and plotted to effect maximum profit. It is all about the mighty $ these days. Even if that comes at the expense of good customer service. I remember when there were Mom & Pop shops for almost every trade or hobby. But in our hobby there are fewer and fewer "Bill's Hobby Shop" stores and more and more HobbyWorks and HobbyTown USA (the Walmart's of this hobby) around. I miss those days. :\

Uncle Ben's Sporting Goods

Ah yes, those were he good old days. But we are living in the WalMart era now. Where everything is perfectly planned and plotted to effect maximum profit. It is all about the mighty $ these days. Even if that comes at the expense of good customer service. I remember when there were Mom & Pop shops for almost every trade or hobby. But in our hobby there are fewer and fewer "Bill's Hobby Shop" stores and more and more HobbyWorks and HobbyTown USA (the Walmart's of this hobby) around. I miss those days. :\

Hi Riz23,
Man, this post of yours really brings back some wonderful warm memories for me. I remember some of those great stores we used to have, like Uncle Ben's Sporting Goods. I still cherish my Puma Great White Hunter knife purchased there, back in the late 1960's when I was but a nervous young teenager, just starting out, to collect my Archery/Bowhunting gear.

Thanks for the memories-refreshed...

PS: I only wish I had known better, and taken many memorable photos, to look back on today...
Take pic's boy/girls, our fondest memories often need "refreshments"...

Chas

Last edited:
Ya the good old days. Just googled my old shop and they are still in business it's been over 15 years since I have been in their so I guess they are still doing things right

All the hobby stores in a 75 mile radius of me closed down... I get every thing from eBay.

:first_place:ebay no tax,no lhs tax,no additude. might have too wait for it but oh well.thank you china for letting us make it...

Last edited:
Additude

:first_place:ebay no tax,no lhs tax,no additude. might have too wait for it but oh well.thank you China for letting us make it...

Hi EXTREME1,
You seem to have a good attitude about it all.

Additude, that's good for 1~50% more in extra cost to us... Smile

Chas

yes i would not have a problem paying the extra cost if they where nice,informative on stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
Post 69 and 70, let it go. Just let it go.

Dear Rolex,
Kind and gentle eh?
Sir, you're a very good mod, with plenty of compassion for all who enter in...
Big thanks, your patience and state of calm is very refreshing for me.
Teaching me to hold my breath, count to ten, or twenty five...
In nearly every forum I have had the pleasure, short or lengthy, to frequent, there seems to always be a couple of great mods.

Yeah, hobby shops or sporting goods stores. Seems there's always somebody who knows all the inventory and has the inside scoop on whats new, and where to go looking for it...

Chas

Last edited:
Keep this on track from here on out or we'll be giving out free vacations.

Civility

Keep this on track from here on out or we'll be giving out free vacations.

Hi slowngreen,
Big thanks for keeping this thread on track. Very well done.

I hope in the future RC shop owners will take our thoughts and needs into greater considerations. And not just the wide profit margin.

Chas

Hi slowngreen,
Big thanks for keeping this thread on track. Very well done.

I hope in the future RC shop owners will take our thoughts and needs into greater considerations. And not just the wide profit margin.

Chas

Dear God, close this thread...it will never end!!! Stroking the mods' egos won't get you a free pass, neither will being a supporting member.

Free Passes

Dear God, close this thread...it will never end!!! Stroking the mods' egos won't get you a free pass, neither will being a supporting member.

SchrodeMode,
Fine, But please, Will I at least not go to gaol, but still collect the $50.00?
Smile
I didn't know there were any free passes?
If they are truly free, may I have one.

Yes, Close the thread. But, Thee feelings remain true.
No stroking here bud, just voicing an opinion on a public forum.

Says who? Says me!

Chas

There's no reason to close it. It's a perfectly good discussion of local hobby shops. This isn't the first thread to get derailed, but when they get on track and others feel the need to KEEP them derailed or continue the bashing, it's not gonna' happen.

I just drove to my local HobbyTown USA yesterday to pick up a part I ordered there. They call as soon as it's taken out of their box. It's like a local club house in there. Great place to be.

I feel the same way with my LHS. It is a small family run business and the people working there are always helpful and willing to converse. Some days I go in there just to talk with guys.

I just drove to my local HobbyTown USA yesterday to pick up a part I ordered there. They call as soon as it's taken out of their box. It's like a local club house in there. Great place to be.

I won't go back to Hobbytown. Never had another store try so hard to get me to spend my money somewhere else.

Back