hobby shops

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
---------- Post added at 9:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
It's never about the store, only about the people who run it and work there.

thank you rolex thats all i was tring to say.

Awesome Repoire

I feel the same way with my LHS. It is a small family run business and the people working there are always helpful and willing to converse. Some days I go in there just to talk with guys.

Hi,
Same here, guys and gal at LHS are terrific to me. Very helpful, kind and seem to give a poop about me as a customer and a person.
Do not let you buy stuff you don't need, but will always steer you in the right direction for product.
Apparently, people will go in there, and spend a couple hours on the Real Flight SIM and then simply walk out and not buy anything. They don't mind this either. It's good for business, and return customers.

Yeah, its a Great Hobbie's store I deal with here at home.

Chas

Well been about 20 years, but an old shop about 25 miles from me is still in business. Bought a gallon of 20% Byron's fuel for $26. Also got my son one of them mini helicopters for christmas . He has every part I'd ever need for a revo. So I'll be doing more business with him.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Apparently, people will go in there, and spend a couple hours on the Real Flight SIM and then simply walk out and not buy anything. They don't mind this either. It's good for business, and return customers.

Yea them flight sims are addictive. I crashed many virtual jets/planes/helicopters in hobby shops:D

Well here is another way my local has poor customer service...Asked them to order some sidewinder fuel or something cheaper that the traxxis fuel they have in 20 or 30%. I go their yesterday to see what they got... Sitting their is 15% cool power airplane fuel...can't ever order online as the cost of shipping makes it more expensive than local

well it looked like i was going to keep my shop. BUT now the cats that bought the shop are going to go to South Africa, to work on cars. the shop will close after Jan 7. i dont like buying off the internet but i may have to.

I have four hobby shops about an hour away and two out of the four are good! The one I visit the most is Big Boy Toys, good stock and the CS is totally AWESOME!!!! A couple of days before Christmas I bought an UM Spitfire and out of the box the ailerons didn't work, I was offered a replacement right away no questions. The other one I like is a Hobby Town that I recently found.

Well here is another way my local has poor customer service...Asked them to order some sidewinder fuel or something cheaper that the traxxis fuel they have in 20 or 30%. I go their yesterday to see what they got... Sitting their is 15% cool power airplane fuel...can't ever order online as the cost of shipping makes it more expensive than local

As a business a hobby shop wont Start stocking product for one customer, its supply and demand, if you were the only one asking for that fuel they should have ordered a gallon for you but they can't make a bulk order for one sale, hobby shops have a huge overhead, most people dont realize how much it is.

My local can't say they will not sell the fuel. They go through a case or so of the traxxas fuel every few weeks so if they brought in a cheeper fuel it would sell 2x as fast. My local shop seems to cater to the battery crowd and not the nitro crowd. They have probably 30 batteries of different styles and about a dozen different chargers. They don't seem to sell but they keep bringing more in? Go figure eh.

my shop is off-no-off-no? i hope it stays on. at least i got the phone no of my really good mech. i was in the shop and 3 other guys there. they all said they didnt want to go to Hobby Town. we all are hopping our good shop stays.

Well I think I may just open my own shop. Got the name of the supplier my local shop gets their stuff from. Just going to do it as a on order basis but at least give the customers a call if things are not available or late shipments.

Just dropped another 800 in my local shop and they could not even pick up the phone and let me know it was going to be a few days late. And they did not even bring me in the batteries I asked for.

Well I think I may just open my own shop. Got the name of the supplier my local shop gets their stuff from. Just going to do it as a on order basis but at least give the customers a call if things are not available or late shipments.

Just dropped another 800 in my local shop and they could not even pick up the phone and let me know it was going to be a few days late. And they did not even bring me in the batteries I asked for.

If you keep having problems with your shop, why do you continue to order from them?? You said they lost your business permanantly and then you drop an 800 dollar oder off, if i had that many "problems" with them i would order online and be done with it.

Unfortunately I live pretty much in the middle of no ware. For big ticket items the cost of shipping would basically stop me from ordering it. Where they get free shipping from their supplier for orders over a few hundred. All my parts I order online over sea's and usually get cheep shipping.
So if I open up my own shop I could get the same shipping from the supplier and I already know I have quite a few people in town that would buy elsewRe locally if they had the choise. I already have one of my truck drivers that brings me up fuel

well my hobby shop is back ON. it was bought last week. i talked to the owner i think he knows how to make it go. AND he was smart enough to keep the guy thats been running the shop though all this turmoil.

Back