Sold / Found FS/FT T-Maxx-RatzoRC's old rig... Tmaxx parts, CEN Genesis+extras, MGT roller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masterbeavis

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got the Tmaxx from RatzoRC. It started off here:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15371

then wound up here:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17635

Then I bought it. I have played with it some, but after buying my Revo, I have pretty much lost interest in it. When I bought it, it had previously suffered from a significant amount of front end damage from a failed jump, and had been patched back together with stock parts. The only thing that has significantly changed between then and now is the Sirio .18 is worn out, and has been replaced with a 2.5 Traxxas with aprox 1 gallon thru it. It is currently partially disassembled for cleaning. It has one broken screw in the center chassis supports. I plan on installing non junk fasteners on this thing when I put it back together

Here is what is still on it:
2.5 Traxxas motor with an aftermarket cooling head, EZ Start equipped. I have a few control units, however I do not trust the glow plug portion of them, I use a separate ignitor.
Proline Steering kit (aluminum)
Aluminum Traxxas servo mounts (both)
Black Allen screws, all junk fasteners (will be) removed
HCR Ti Chassis
HCR Ti Front skids
HCR Ti center skids
HCR Ti rear skids
Alum. Shock Towers Front and Rear
Alum. Braces
Alum. Rear Bulks (blue)
Plastic front bulkhead
RPM A-Arms In good condition
RPM Rear Bumper
Stock Shocks
MIP CVD's Rear, Front has stock shafts
FOC Tranny with Traxxas forward only conversion kit (plastic)
RRP Dual Disk Slipper, steel ring gear
RRP Alum vented break disk
Hitec HS-645MG Steering servo
Waterproofed throttle servo
(4) Stock rims/tires
Stock body if you really want it.
No radio or transmitter

I would be interested in either trading it for a low use Revo, or an E-revo(preferred), or am asking $350 (or best reasonable offer) for it shipped. If I keep the motor and the steering servo, I'll do it for $300. If you want me to add good used condition front aluminum bulkheads and CVDs (that I did not get with the truck), the truck will run you $400. For $400 i will throw in a stock radio and transmitter, the truck will be clean and ready to run minus fuel and batteries. This easily was a $1500+ truck(new) back in its day. Pictures show its current condition, partially taken apart. I will be putting it back together and running it to iron any bugs out of it. If you like, I will throw in anything you want in the pictures for a very reasonable price and maybe install it too in order to sweeten the deal.

tmaxx1.gif

tmaxx2.gif

tmaxx3.gif

tmaxx4.gif

Emaxx
Mosty stock, second generation E-maxx
14.4 EVX, battery connections are wired for deans. 1 pair of 2400 battery packs are included, and a Dynamite Mega Dual E charger. It will charge both batteries at once.
Proline A-arms. Better than stock, not as good as the RPM units.
Aluminum bulkheads front and rear
Aluminum Center chassis supports
Upgraded Bellcrank.
3.5MM thick titanium skid plates
Hitec HS645MG steering servo
Rear diff filled with RTV, makes it a poor mans limited slip.
Stock radio
$150+ ride
The only issue with this truck that I am aware of is 2 (of 4) the screws are almost stripped out for the motors. I have them held in place with yellow loctite at the moment, that will stay forever until you disturb it to install new motors, or a different gear ratio. Who keeps stock motors anyways?
emaxx1.gif

emaxx2.gif

Misc. Tmaxx parts

NOTE: I no longer plan on offering any of these parts until a couple of trucks sell. It looks like I am going to be stuck with them for a while, so it makes no sense to me to get rid of the parts.

Several first gen Tmaxx A arms, in ok condition, prob. 3-4 sets(6-8 pcs total.) $1.00 plus the ride

Several wide maxx A-arms, bulkheads, and shock towers, some gently used, some brand new

Tmaxx transmissions. These were widemaxx units, they worked fine when pulled. Some have very little use on them, others look well used, but in excellent condition. Nothing was wrong with them, I used to buy complete rigs cheap and rob parts when my stuff broke, instead of paying full price for parts at the hobby store.

Nice clean, low use, bone stock trans $50
Nice clean, FOC, steel input gear, $65
Running, good condition, ran when pulled $40
Nice condition, aluminum case(brand unsure), stock internals with new bearings at the time of assembly. Machining marks were removed, polished. $100

Two aluminum fuel tanks (t-maxx) One is in like new condition($25), the other is useD, with a stripped screw or two but held fuel just fine($10).

Ne bag shock springs, several colors, missing one (green) spring(39 springs or so. $10

Stock complete driveshafts, used, but not used up, $5 for 4.
New, $10

Several first gen Tmaxx A arms, in ok condition, prob. 3-4 sets(6-8 pcs total.) $1.00 plus the ride

Several wide maxx A-arms, bulkheads, and shock towers, some gently used, some brand new

Spool, bare $5,
Diffs, Open $5, Spooled with a spool, not JB weld $10, poor mans limited slip, (clean grease from the spider gears, fill with RTV, let it set...) $5 if you do it, $10 if I do it...

Tmaxx transmissions. These were widemaxx units, they worked fine when pulled. Some have very little use on them, others look well used, but in excellent condition. Nothing was wrong with them, I used to buy complete rigs cheap and rob parts when my stuff broke, instead of paying full price for parts at the hobby store.

Nice clean, low use, bone stock trans $50
Nice clean, FOC, steel input gear, $65
Running, good condition, ran when pulled $40
Nice condition, aluminum case(brand unsure), stock internals with new bearings at the time of assembly. Machining marks were removed, polished. $100

Box o' used(in excellent shape) and new transmission gears... reverse, first/second assemblies, FOC conversions, centrifical clutches, Probably enough parts to build at least two transmissions, close to three. $50 for the box.
New, unused transmission case, bare $5(or free if you buy the box o'gears)
boxgears.gif

parts1.gif

parts2.gif

parts3.gif

parts4.gif

parts5.gif

parts6.gif

parts7.gif

Proline road rage tires, used once, never glued, $30
Roadragetires.gif

Roadragetires2.gif

Cen Genesis.

I bought this complete truck from the LHS used and needing some attention for $350. I purchased a few parts to repair what was wrong with the truck ($30 I think, included) but have not done anything to it, including starting the motor. The truck comes another partial chassis that was robbed for parts. Extra parts include an additional motor and tuned pipe, extra set of rims/tires, extra transmitter, complete chassis minus drivelines (they seemed to of broken alot of them) and A arms. Revo in picture is not for sale. Motor is pull start. Truck is offered as-is where is. $350 FIRM plus the ride, this thing is HEAVY! The extra parts truck is like buying 1 1/2 trucks

genesis.jpg

gen1.gif

gen2.gif

gen3.gif

gen4.gif

gen5.gif

gen6.gif

Monster GT roller first GEN.
The transmission let loose a screw, it rattled around in there, and chipped a few teeth inside. I stripped the trans down, bought the needed parts, never put it back together.
Stock Thunder tiger .21 motor, with some fancy race pipe, (Forget the brand) Motor is getting tired, however still runs without stalling. 2+ gallons o'donnel 30% thru it.
Hitec 645MG steering servo.
TQ3 TX/RX
Upgraded steering bellcrank ($80 upgrade at the time)
T-maxx shocks (keeping my fancy shocks for the Emaxx)
Stock Tmaxx tires (keeping the tires for my Emaxx)
RPM Front A arms (white b/c its what the LHS had.) DYEABLE
New Diff/ring gear/pinion for the front end.

Checking Ebay, this thing ain't worth the time of day for selling.. I had lots of fun with this truck, I had planned on upgrading the motor and a few other things, but realized it would be less money to buy a later version of it, and never got around to repairing it. I might just fix it and bash with it some more, I dunno. Searching ebay, this thing aint worth squat apparently. $2OO shipped, RTR minus fuel and batteries.
mgt1.gif

mgt2.gif

mgt3.gif

mgt4.gif

My mood and willingness to sell changes on a daily basis. Everything is listed on other forums, and locally, and is subject to prior sale, or me changing my mind OR adjusting prices if I add or subtract from the various packages. I will make you a sweetheart of a deal on ALL of the Tmaxx stuff if you like. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at a reasonable hour, (916) 275-6764. My name is Tony.

Last edited:
Added stuff, and pics.

3 Sirio .18's, the rest are stock 2.5 Traxxas in various states of dissasembly, and (all) need sleeve pinches. I've had bad luck in the longevity department.

2 Sirio pipes, a CEN Genesis pipe, and a pipe I forget the name of....

Am I smoking crack on my prices, or is everyone else broke like I am?

I think everyone's broke. I thought those might be Sirio engines. How much for the complete .18(with air filter and pipe)and the Fantom steel pipe? I'm also interested in the used alum. tank for $10 and the Road Rages,is it a set of 4?

I think everyone's broke. I thought those might be Sirio engines. How much for the complete .18(with air filter and pipe)and the Fantom steel pipe? I'm also interested in the used alum. tank for $10 and the Road Rages,is it a set of 4?

Yes, the tires are a set of 4. I fixed the link. Lemme think about what I want, had not intended to sell those. They are ALL worn out, they need a piston/sleeve. I never had good luck with any of them. Previous owners "said" they ran great. They will run, but wont stay running. This I know is the case with the complete looking motor. That was just removed from the Tmaxx, it would run excellent and stall.....

Roadragetires.gif

The tank hasn't gone anyplace.

Yeah how much for one of those complete siro's, and the tuned pipe for it?

those shocks in the box of cen parts. will they fit a tmaxx. if they will i have some stuff to trade or ill buy them off you

Last edited:
Yeah how much for one of those complete siro's, and the tuned pipe for it?

I have been hunting around for comparable prices (ebay) and have not found any info yet. PM me a reasonable offer and lets go from there. Did these things suck that bad? Nothing used at all on ebay....

those shocks in the box of cen parts. will they fit a tmaxx. if they will i have some stuff to trade or ill buy them off you
They are included with the Genesis... :D I would imagine that anything you want can fit a T-maxx. It all depends on how ingenious you are, or how deep your pockets are. I was thinking about using them on my E-maxx with some really soft springs and CVD's to try and get more ground clearance and travel.

PM sent on a verry little part lol.

Damn i wanted those alone are you totaly getting out of the hobby

I tried test fitting the Genesis shocks on a standard A-arm/shock tower combo, I had to fully compress the shocks to get it to fit.

I've been in and out of the hobby, but keeping everything, instead of selling it off and buying it again later for 30-50% less. The last time I was pricing things out, compared to now, the stuff I have has devalued 20-50%. I rekon I otta sell what I am not going to use, and get away from the T/E-maxx format which I am not very fond of compared to whats now available. I am keeping my MBX4 XR Works, Revo, my antiques, and the E-maxx if I can't swing any cash to buy an E-Revo brushless. I will probably keep the Monster GT as well, it bashed well, I think its only failed me once when a screw came loose and the front diff stopped working.

How much for one of the Resinator pipes?Would you sell spare Cen and all parts for it?

i am in need of t-maxx front end do you have a complet one? and how much ? thanks for your time

nice lot of parts

Last edited:
I am not going to sell any of the individual parts until any/some of the trucks sell. It looks like I am going to be stuck with these things for a while, so it makes no sense to get rid of the parts. Once gone, my luck would be that I have to pay double of what I got when I sold the stuff off... :(

Hi, do you have a wheelie bar for a TMAXX model#4910 and how much you want for those Aluminum shocks with the Reservoirs. I am US Military and I emailing you from OKINAWA so please give a discount and if you do have that stuff make sure to send me hardware, because I just can't go to the store and get what I need to make it work. Okinawa hobby stores cater to Kyosho and HPI products. Well thanks for your time and take care.

V/R, E. Mendoza
US NAVY SEABEES/ Construction Mechanic

No wheelie bar, and the aluminum shocks go with the CEN genesis, or the Monster GT depending on which one you are looking at. At this time I am only trying to sell reasonably complete rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back