Duratrax vendetta

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KV is the Kilo Volts that the motor produces. The KV value is the speed the motor need to turn so it produce 1V of counter-electromotice force. Since the motor is not 100% efficient you can say that the 1000Kv motor will turn slightly slower than 12,000rpm when running on 12V with no load.

Also the higher the kV rating, the lower the torque and the lower the voltage it can handle.

I'm terribly sorry but I'm not all that great with figuring out tech stuff so what do you ruining should get I'd like a good balance between run time and power if that's effected the options are 4100, 5300, and 8200 kv

For your rig I'd go with the 4200kV set and a 2s LiPo battery. Also remember to get the Castle Link programmer.

Most people run anywhere from a 2000-5000 KV motor. Most common is the 3500KV motor just because it's a happy middle. When I had my slash I was running a Castle Mamba Monster 2200KV motor. It was a beast. Great motor for play or racing.

Ok and any suggestions for inexpensive but good 2s lipos

Ok and any suggestions for inexpensive but good 2s lipos

I stick with Venom batteries just because there warranty they have. Remember the higher C the longer constant current you will receive. Most racers run a 20C or higher. If your just playing it really doesn't matter. These batteries will do anything you want to do with a good run time. I would stick with 4S total or lower until you become experienced. Plus 6S Total means you buy more parts. :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-25C-2...607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item486ba554ef

Also there is no inexpensive batteries. There expensive and all of them are relatively comparable on price. That's why I stick with Venom.

Damn to get this car to where I want It's gonna cost like 250 hot damn

Damn to get this car to where I want It's gonna cost like 250 hot damn
Yep! That's why you need to cut your loses and sell it and buy a better brand RC. Unfortunately most of all of us learned the hard way also. You can buy a cheaper set up than the castle mamba monster but that's the most reliable and bullet proof ESC and motor on the market. Your still looking at $200 with a cheaper ESC, motor and batteries though. You can buy a RTR hobby grade RC with that ESC motor and batteries brand new for around $400 that will be a lot more durable and better.

How much you think I could get for it it has a brand new spectrum radio and receiver and 4 sets of new tire sand a new battery

I'm just gonna keep it and make it badass it'll be a fun little project also I've been hearing about a "shock mod" people have done to theirs what is that

Lol and any idea on that shock mod?

Alright thanks for all the info I'll prob post an update in the future

3500-3800 are my usual picks. 4200kv would be my second choice.

Just an FYI KV does not mean kilo-volt when talking about brushless motors. KV means for every volt put into the motor the motor will theoretically spin 1000RPM. Kilovolt means 1000 volts so a 6000 kilovolt motor would be a 6,000,000 volt motor.

Last edited:
Here you go Tyler. My bad Greywolf Guess I had bad info this whole time. Thanks for clearing that up.

Could you give a better description of what the mod is/does?

I think you are referring to the popular shock mod on traxxas cars of placing a small section of fuel tubing on the shock shaft to act as a bump stop. This will help to prevent the shock cap from popping off the shock body upon a hard landing. It also will make the car more controllable when it bottoms out. It applies to all RC though.
Linky:
https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?430030-Slash-Shock-Mod-How-to-w-Pics

Could be totally wrong.

I'm not really sure what the mod is but that does sound like a good Idea it has been bottoming out on jumps and just another quick question I have a battery charger that hooks up toa car battery charger and I'm not sure what setting to put the car charger on the I'm put on the charger is 12v output 4.0 amp sand the battery is 7.2v 1600mah and the settings on the car charger are(6 volt 40 amp 100 amp engine start) (12 volt maintainer) (12 volt 10 amp) (12 volt 40 amp) (12 volt 200 amp engine start)

Back