Is it worth buying a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL or 3.0 in 2024 or look into something else?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJSRCLIFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi everyone, How's it going this morning? I've been looking at getting a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL or 3.0 in 2024 which will be the time when i buy one. I just want to know now before i make a confirmed decision and so i don't do something i'll later regret. FYI I had 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT Blue edition before they were discontinued by Traxxas early this year then i traded it away to make room to get my Rlaarlo AK-917 which i bought one early this month. but realized it isn't a great durable street\parking lot basher and it had almost uncontrollable amounts of power on 2s with the system i put in it. So i'm now thinking about a 2.0 VXL or a 3.0 Brushed C8 Corvette and converting to brushless.

My other options besides a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL are.

Traxxas 4-Tec 3.0 C8 Corvette XL-5 Brushed, it's very slow out of the box so I'll have to convert to a VXL-3s brushless combo or try a different brushless esc and motor combo
to make it comparable to a 2.0 VXL but i don't get the same aftermarket body support as the 2.0.

Arrma Vendetta 3s BLX, A very fast capable car and capable of 60 mph on 3s with stock gearing and is proven to go 80mph with optional gearing is also starting to have more aftermarket body options available and parts really affordable and it's only slightly heavier than the 4-Tec platform the only problem is it's hard to find for sale new anywhere right now.

Arrma Infraction V3 3s BLX, Same platform as the vendetta but more geared for street\parking lot bashing but is proven to go over 65mph with included high speed gearing an right now is more available then the Vendetta.

I know there are other 1\10 scale 4WD touring cars available like the Tamiya's, the Kyosho's and the HPI RS4 Sport 3 but they don't have the same support that the Traxxas and Arrma does.

vendetta. can't be beat. stupid fast, looks sweet, IS SWEET, even is tough, and handles well. the only problem is aftermarket.

i got it for 200$ quite the deal on a car like this.
its also 20$ cheaper than infraction.

if your buying in 2024 you should be fine.

vendetta. can't be beat. stupid fast, looks sweet, IS SWEET, even is tough, and handles well. the only problem is aftermarket.

i got it for 200$ quite the deal on a car like this.
its also 20$ cheaper than infraction.

if your buying in 2024 you should be fine.
Thanks to some youtube videos i'm now heavily considering the Vendetta over the 4-Tec 2.0 VXL since the Vendetta comes with so much over the 4-Tec. And it can go faster or right around the factory rated speed with only changing the gearing and running a 3s 100c pack vs the 4-Tec which requires mods and extra parts to hit the same or less speed.

the biggness is what does it for me. goes over the road much better than any 10th scale could
It kind of does it for me even though i still love my AK-917 but the place i run it isn't the place for 10th scale on roads but my 7th scale XO-1 V1 has a better time handling that road the the Rlaarlo does.

whats wrong with just running your xo-1 on 4s?
It's the only battery i have 2 4s batteries currently but i only run 1 4s because 8s is too crazy. and it'll be awhile before i can 2 3s batteries so i can run on 6s.

I like the infraction.
Yeah, The infraction looks cool but i kind of like the look of the Vendetta more and i found the Vendetta on Horizon Hobby's website for $199.99 i might be able to afford it next month if they'll still be in stock. If not i can wait till next year and get it either as a roller off eBay or new RTR from Amain.

I did the same thing. I got the Felony over the Infraction. I love the looks of the Felony. :hyperbuggy: 🏁

I did the same thing. I got the Felony over the Infraction. I love the looks of the Felony. :hyperbuggy: 🏁
I'm still thinking about getting an Arrma Felony summer next year i might get a Vendetta next month if they're still in stock for $200 on Horizon's webpage. And those won't be the last Arrma's i'll buy, i'm also thinking a Kraton 6s V5 and a Senton Boost also next year.

I like the Infraction body better, but the Vendetta price is hard to beat right now!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll probably get the Vendetta next month if it's still on sale for $199.99 on Horizon Hobby and just let go of the 4-Tec since it's a dated platform that can barely go over 70mph stock when i have seen Vendetta's go over 80 to almost 90mph with the included optional gearing and a 4s ESC.

Back