Duratrax vendetta

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler99k

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a Duratrax vendetta in a trade a few days ago and I am noticing that when giving it throttle it doesn't ease into it it just like there's medium speed and up no low speed it anyone know how to fix this

It sounds like an ESC programming issue. Is it a stock ESC or an aftermarket?

I think it's stock I'm not positive though it's a dtxm1260

Is it a brushed motor (2 wires going to the motor) or brushless (3-wires going into the motor)?

Heck with er', who needs partial throttle!

I kid I kid.

Id say programming too but I don't think that ESC is user programable, at least not easily.

Here is a manual for that ESC in case you don't have one, I would double check that everything is as the manual designates.
http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxm1260-manual.pdf

I looked and my motor doesn't have the capacitors on it could that be the cause
Heck with er', who needs partial throttle!

I kid I kid.

Id say programming too but I don't think that ESC is user programable, at least not easily.

Here is a manual for that ESC in case you don't have one, I would double check that everything is as the manual designates.
http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxm1260-manual.pdf

that would not cause that issue. Its most likely a programing issue either on the ESC or the transmitter. That would be my guess as I'm not familiar with that kit.

If you see solder dots on the motor can that would mean the capacitors were removed. I'm pretty sure their only function is to cancel whatever interference can be created between the running motor and the receiver and not all motors have them. It wouldn't be the cause of the problem you're having.

If you see solder dots on the motor can that would mean the capacitors were removed. I'm pretty sure their only function is to cancel whatever interference can be created between the running motor and the receiver and not all motors have them. It wouldn't be the cause of the problem you're having.
Ok so any ideas what I should do guys??

It doesn't matter what the size or shape of the can is, but at a minimum of one point, maybe 2, depending on how they were wired, you'd see a solder bead. It's possible the capacitor broke off and it would leave a bit of wire but the solder bead would definitely still be there since they are always soldered to the can.
Again, it's unlikely this is related to the no low throttle issue you're having. Look into a reset procedure for programming the ESC.
motorcaps.jpg

Last edited:
I would say that if you can't reprogram the ESC, that it may be a good idea to get one that can be programmed.

Ill agree to the agreement of upgrading to a programmable ESC.

However before I scrapped it, id run through the speed control set-up section found in that manual I linked. Possible the neutral position is set incorrectly. And be sure to set the throttle trim on your transmitter to neutral or zero before you do so.

Ill agree to the agreement of upgrading to a programmable ESC.

However before I scrapped it, id run through the speed control set-up section found in that manual I linked. Possible the neutral position is set incorrectly. And be sure to set the throttle trim on your transmitter to neutral or zero before you do so.

Ohh see I had done the ran through the setup but I hadn't set the trim to zero

I'll try that and update and in case that doesn't work do you have any recommendations for an esc

I've had good luck with the Dynamite and Castle Creations brushless stuff.

I second Castle Creations stuff, its top-notch and not crazy expensive. They also supply some motors and ESC's for many big name RC manufacturers such as HPI and Axial, and still leave their (Castle's) name on it. Something to be said about that, and the ease of programming through their Castle Link is worth the investment alone.
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/products_drive.html

Just be sure you get one that is brushed compatible if you don't plan on upgrading to brushless at the same time, that said Castle has motor/esc matched combos that save a little money.

I think I might end up getting that but what is the difference with the kv mean

Back