Vendetta: Bolt-Ons?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lambdapriest

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have a Vendetta. I love the thing. It's already faster than it should be, but some of my pals have Vendettas and want to race... so it's gotta be faster!

I know that there are a lot of great resources out there for people that are prepping their Vendettas for drag and speed runs... but I have my hands so full with keeping my 2wd carpet buggy fast that there is literally no way that I would be able to make the time to really get into building a world-beater.

I'm looking for the easiest path to "just making the car go faster" without going too far past the limits of the stock hardware, and without having to fab a spool or anything like that - what are some "bolt-ons" that I can throw at the car that will pep it up? Motor + ESCs? Batteries? Pinions? That sort of thing. I know nothing about anything beyond 2s indoor offroad electronics, so any advice is appreciated.

@luke66 - I keep forgetting about Jenny's RC! Thank you for the reminder.

If I did this:
  • If I run two 2s batteries in series, I have a 4s battery... right? I have a ton of 2s batteries.
    • If I did this - let's say I run two 2s 4000mah batteries in series - do I still have 4000mah, or do I have 2000mah? (I know that if I ran two 2s 4000mah batteries in parallel, that I'd have "one" 2s battery with 8000mah. I think? Correct me if I'm wrong.)
  • If ran it on 3s, would it still work just fine, except it wouldn't be as fast as if it were on 4s? (I bought two 𝔾𝕖𝕟𝕤 𝔸𝕔𝕖 3s hardcase batteries to run in the Vendetta; I'd like to still be able to use them sometimes, and I don't have anything else that they'd fit in)
  • If I run a motor that's "too big" for the ESC, will the ESC burn up, or will the motor simply not be given max power?

the first question, yes two 2s batteries makes 4s, but i dont know about the mah. question #2, yes, 3s would work fine, slower but fine. yiu could just hook up a new esc and keep the stock motor, and only run 4S for speed runs, thats my plan. question #3, honestly, i have no idea, you could just get a 150A spektrum esc and not have to worry too much, not sure about this one though.....

Yes the capacity (4000mAH) remains the same when running those two batteries in series, some of the Spektrum ESCs come with two IC5 connectors and a jumper to use if only running one battery.

The 3S will work with the Spektrum120A and 130A and 150A ESCs, according to Spektrum.

Fixing the super loose tolerances of the molded plastics was the biggest OCD concern for me. Putting as little money into the Vendetta to do some fun running on-road/touring car type courses was main goal. Pretty much all the non 6S Arrma models use the same diffs. Do they all have diff fitment issues? I don't know. Vendetta's front & rear diff ring/pinion gear mesh was like running with constant drag brake on. Fixing all that extra resistance in the diffs made a huge difference in run time, and heat.

1699531879628.png

I have a Vendetta. I love the thing. It's already faster than it should be, but some of my pals have Vendettas and want to race... so it's gotta be faster!

I know that there are a lot of great resources out there for people that are prepping their Vendettas for drag and speed runs... but I have my hands so full with keeping my 2wd carpet buggy fast that there is literally no way that I would be able to make the time to really get into building a world-beater.

I'm looking for the easiest path to "just making the car go faster" without going too far past the limits of the stock hardware, and without having to fab a spool or anything like that - what are some "bolt-ons" that I can throw at the car that will pep it up? Motor + ESCs? Batteries? Pinions? That sort of thing. I know nothing about anything beyond 2s indoor offroad electronics, so any advice is appreciated.
I have a couple I'd suggest a carbon fiber package front ,side splitters an carbon fiber wing can get in eBay ...stupid rc is the name an make front end a little lower I run a zee battery 5200 mah 120C 3s everything else is stock when tires go bald I get my Dremel an cutting wheel an make new tread to extend tire life can be aggressive in tread design on the rears

I have a couple I'd suggest a carbon fiber package front ,side splitters an carbon fiber wing can get in eBay ...stupid rc is the name an make front end a little lower I run a zee battery 5200 mah 120C 3s everything else is stock when tires go bald I get my Dremel an cutting wheel an make new tread to extend tire life can be aggressive in tread design on the rears
i would have those by now, but i just 3d print 'um

i would have those by now, but i just 3d print 'um
That's cool I don't have capabilities but people buy aluminum front,side an rear spoilers an I don't think they realize how much weight they added

Back